can anybody tell what is meant for DTV Tuner Ready?

• Thread starter Thread starter chinnupepsi4all
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 5
  • Views Views: Views 20,456
Reaction score
can anybody tell what is meant for DTV Tuner Ready?

difference between DTV Tuner & Analogue Tuner?

x56vy9.png

DTV Tuner stands for Digital Television Tuner. To understand this we need to start from scratch.

there are different television standards used worldwide. they are PAL, NTSC, ATSC, SECAM, DVB, ISDB, DTMB.

in these PAL, NTSC and SECAM are analog transmission and others are digital transmission. To receive PAL, NTSC and SECAM Analog tuners are enough. But to receive the OTA signals in ATSC/DVB transmission we need Digital Tuners

In india we use only PAL and NTSC. So we need only the analog tuners. Digital telecast like DTH, Digital Cable need DTV tuners but it will be inbuilt to the STB provided by the operators of those services.

All TVs in India will have the analog tuners built in. But soon we plan to switch to Digital transmission. After the switch, we would need the DTV tuners to receive OTA digital signals. So, newer TVs are now equipped with the DTV tuners.

DTV Tuner Give More channels, better quality. Digital over-the-air broadcasts can provide very high-quality picture and sound—including high-definition programming and surround sound :lol. You might even get more channels than you did with analog broadcasts,

mmadhankumar said:
DTV Tuner stands for Digital Television Tuner. To understand this we need to start from scratch.

there are different television standards used worldwide. they are PAL, NTSC, ATSC, SECAM, DVB, ISDB, DTMB.

in these PAL, NTSC and SECAM are analog transmission and others are digital transmission. To receive PAL, NTSC and SECAM Analog tuners are enough. But to receive the OTA signals in ATSC/DVB transmission we need Digital Tuners

In india we use only PAL and NTSC. So we need only the analog tuners. Digital telecast like DTH, Digital Cable need DTV tuners but it will be inbuilt to the STB provided by the operators of those services.

All TVs in India will have the analog tuners built in. But soon we plan to switch to Digital transmission. After the switch, we would need the DTV tuners to receive OTA digital signals. So, newer TVs are now equipped with the DTV tuners.

can we use this OTA facilities thru TV without STB in this TV?

The TV description says "DTV Redy" so i am sure it will need some additional adapters to be DTV compatible.In India we do not have any OTA Terrestrial transmission in digital yet,so DTV ready Tv will not be useful,also for digital cable i'm sure you will still need the STB to decrypt the services.

AFAIK DTV does not cover satellite broadcasts

Hi
I live in Iran and I have PS43E450A1R.in it's catalog I we could see ready dtv tuner and we have digital signals in Iran but unfortunately I couldn't receive digital channels!
Please help me.
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom