What is meant by carriage fees ?

RE: please clarify me 'WHAT IS CARRIEGE FEES b/w dth and tv chanels?

Mechskr said:
My long
time doubt what is
carriage fees if the
channels give certain
amount to dth for
carrying their channels,
then what will be the
profit for the channel
instead the dth getting
benefit from both sides
from the channel and
as well as from
customers. somebody
can elaborate this
matter clearly

@ WHAT IS CARRIEGE FEES b/w dth and tv chanels?

Friend Carriage fees is which is Received from the channel by the owner of TP (Transponder) holder. So the channel has to pay according to the
Desire TP may be it is C-band or KU-band. KU-band TP are costly then C-band.

NOTE:- Ku-band has less cost for user to get Ku dish + Lnb, But
the demerit for TP holder is that the ku-band has less foot prints as per
C-band TP it has wide foot prints.

@ what will be the profit for the channel ?

Good question yes channel has to survive first of all on its good & nice contents and then it relay on various ADDS and lastly it can charge from the producer of programmes + if it is pay ch. then by subscriptions Thanks :)

JENIUS-JATT said:
Friend Carriage fees is which is Received from the channel by the owner of TP (Transponder) holder. So the channel has to pay according to the
Desire TP may be it is C-band or KU-band. KU-band TP are costly then C-band.

NOTE:- Ku-band has less cost for user to get Ku dish + Lnb, But
the demerit for TP holder is that the ku-band has less foot prints as per
C-band TP it has wide foot prints.
@BOLD: seriously?? i did not know that?

@mechskr: Carriage fee is an internal issue between broadcasters and service operators and till now(till the cable amendment act 2011) it was illegal and was carried out underground.In trems of Cable networks,in analog cable the broadcaster pays the carriage fees/placement fees to the cable operator so that the operator can out the channel in prime band(prime band means in lower channel numbers).this is one scenario.

in the second scenario,in the case of a popular channel which is in high demand the operator(DTH/cable operator) pays the channel broadcaster a carriage fees so that he is allowed to place the channel in his network.

third scenario,a new channel wants to be popular and get placed in major networks(cable/DTH) then the broadcaster will pay the service provider a carriage fee so that the service provider places the channel on his network.

it is very confusing system of who pays who depending on the popularity of the channel concerned,i hope i have cleared your doubts? if not feel free to ask me any doubts the persist.

dear friends here one more clarification if the carriage fee to be given by the channel to the dth, then most of the dth are intrested in including popular channels in their dth to lure big number of customers like in tamilnadu if you dont have sun channels no customers will come to you. so it is must for the dth to have sun channels on their platform. In this case do you believe sun channels pay something to the dth. please clarify.

So if one particular channel is FTA, then why it has to pay Carriage fee to DTH and MSO for relaying the content in their platform? What is the advantage for FTA channels to do so?

Thanks

nskaran said:
dear friends here one more clarification if the carriage fee to be given by the channel to the dth, then most of the dth are intrested in including popular channels in their dth to lure big number of customers like in tamilnadu if you dont have sun channels no customers will come to you. so it is must for the dth to have sun channels on their platform. In this case do you believe sun channels pay something to the dth. please clarify.

As i said if the channel is popular then the service provider(DTH/cable operator) will pay the broadcaster carriage fees.

First of all why are there two thread on the same topic?Team pls merge.

scorpionking76 said:
So if one particular channel is FTA, then why it has to pay Carriage fee to DTH and MSO for relaying the content in their platform? What is the advantage for FTA channels to do so?

Thanks

Yes incase of a non-popular FTA channel it will have to pay carriage fee(DD channels excluded),the advantage of paying carriage fees is that it gets a place on the network due to which t can expand its reach and viewership numbers thus getting income via Advertisements and also if popularity increases it could go pay in the future.

Ahmar said:
lol! copy pasting someone else post see this it is so annoying : Admin ban such copy pasters. :angry Is it good to copy anothers post? Angry

I am agree with JATT.

thanks friend Ahmar, you are 100% right. this kind of people (thief) should be banned. Mod & Administrators please do this or give him warning for my post is being copied by him. And tell him repeating the same will force you to kick him out from Dreamdth.

thanksssssss.

Mechskr said:
shut up f***kers

We can't tolrate such things here. So you are permanently banner now. From rules-

DreamDTH is all about free speech, you're free to curse any DTH operator as you wish for what they've done to you, you may as well question any members' posts and opinions, however, there is a limit to anything and at DDF we have ZERO tolerance for personal insults directed towards any member.

dreamdth

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock