Can Cable TV be viewed w/o STB post digitisation ?

thilalangadi

Reaction score
@DTH Forum,

Not sure if this query is relevant to our DTH forum, but still curious to know what happens post digitisation

1. Current Cable TV n/w is anolog wired signal, post digitisation means STB required to digitize the signal and receive in a AV mode for better clarity.

2. Assuming a home having multiroom-TV connection, still they only procure one STB, and the other room connection they still can continue to watch in analog signal, cable is anyway connected. I don't think MSO's can control at receiving end. So the purpose of TRAI can only be partially achieved (ie) streamlining relay, uniformity and accountability, knowing exact figures of revenue/numbers

This is my understanding,correct me if Iam wrong, your suggestions welcome !

thilalangadi said:
@DTH Forum,

Not sure if this query is relevant to our DTH forum, but still curious to know what happens post digitisation

1. Current Cable TV n/w is anolog wired signal, post digitisation means STB required to digitize the signal and receive in a AV mode for better clarity.

2. Assuming a home having multiroom-TV connection, still they only procure one STB, and the other room connection they still can continue to watch in analog signal, cable is anyway connected. I don't think MSO's can control at receiving end. So the purpose of TRAI can only be partially achieved (ie) streamlining relay, uniformity and accountability, knowing exact figures of revenue/numbers

It is not possible friend u have to buy Set Top Box for every TV from ur cable TV provider :wall and I think it's much better for U to buy a DTH like VideoCon D2H or AirTel Digital much better than traditional cable TV providers with much better support.

Hassan Syed said:
thilalangadi said:
@DTH Forum,

It is not possible friend u have to buy Set Top Box for every TV from ur cable TV provider :wall and I think it's much better for U to buy a DTH like VideoCon D2H or AirTel Digital much better than traditional cable TV providers with much better support.

BTW-I migrated to DTH recently. But the question I posted on cable TV w/o DTH and assumption answer is correct

Here nearby my home, Cable operators are providing only one STB unit for main TVconnection, multi rooms still are able to watch w/o STB, thou in analog form. He is "adjusting" the rounded monthly payment to his convenience depending on number of addln room connections. In this way local cable TV, which already is an unorganised sector, is defeating the purpose of digitisation of Govt to bring in accountability on how many connections are exactly used ? DTH providers will lose here also since for example if I have 3 TV connections, I have to pay 3xX as subcription, while the local cable guy is charging only the first one, next 2 he is "adjusting" say at 50% less for example as rounded amount. So only way to prevent this is at relay end from the channels itself or MSO end,if they have some measures to control this

@Forum - Any suggestions?

thilalangadi said:
Hassan Syed said:
thilalangadi said:
@DTH Forum,

BTW-I migrated to DTH recently. But the question I posted on cable TV w/o DTH and assumption answer is correct

Here nearby my home, Cable operators are providing only one STB unit for main TVconnection, multi rooms still are able to watch w/o STB, thou in analog form. He is "adjusting" the rounded monthly payment to his convenience depending on number of addln room connections. In this way local cable TV, which already is an unorganised sector, is defeating the purpose of digitisation of Govt to bring in accountability on how many connections are exactly used ? DTH providers will lose here also since for example if I have 3 TV connections, I have to pay 3xX as subcription, while the local cable guy is charging only the first one, next 2 he is "adjusting" say at 50% less for example as rounded amount. So only way to prevent this is at relay end from the channels itself or MSO end,if they have some measures to control this

@Forum - Any suggestions?
Not possible.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock