Can Tata Sky 4K be viewed on 1080p TV and HDMI 1.4 cable?

shiwesh said:
Wanted to share this fact and seek your view on following...from my understanding of this aritcle, we should be able to enjoy tata sky 4k on our 1080p tv and hdmi 1.4 cable as well (to considerable extent) as hdmi 1.4 cable supports following -

"While HDMI 1.4 has a throughput of 10.2Gbps, it's only enough to support a 4K resolution of 3840 x 2160 pixels at 24, 25 and 30Hz or to display full 4K (4096 x 2160 pixels) at 24Hz."

And tata sky 4k specification is - 3840 x 2160
And since our 1080p full hd tv has much more available pixel density than 1080i HD channels, there is certainly a great scope of feeding further dense picture through 4K stb and channel on same full hd old model tv.

This may allow many of us to purchase 4K stb without having gone for expensive 4K tvs.

Your view please?

Reference -
HDMI 2.0: Everything you need to know | Techradar India

Got 4k stb installed and connected to my fhd tv. 4k channel is superb in 1080p.

Ok - i too have VU 50 UHD TV , and just today got TataSky 4k Box - i too was surprised when i saw no color on 4kp50 hz setting - the technician obviously did not have any clue. and the 4k channel (only channel as of now) with 4kp25hz setting is not looking great (i can notice frames being missed ..)the stream does not seem smooth..
So i google and came across this informative post ..
One mistake (may be) i did is - i did not take the HD cable that came with the 4k box. i thought why to replace my existing hd cable (I had HD box before) unnecessarily ..

So what is the conclusion here ? the VU tvs dont support the 50hz 4k signal is it ? or if i change the cable to a new HDMI cable (2.0)will it fix the problem ?

awaiting reply please?

avoodi said:
Ok - i too have VU 50 UHD TV , and just today got TataSky 4k Box - i too was surprised when i saw no color on 4kp50 hz setting - the technician obviously did not have any clue. and the 4k channel (only channel as of now) with 4kp25hz setting is not looking great (i can notice frames being missed ..)the stream does not seem smooth..
So i google and came across this informative post ..
One mistake (may be) i did is - i did not take the HD cable that came with the 4k box. i thought why to replace my existing hd cable (I had HD box before) unnecessarily ..

So what is the conclusion here ? the VU tvs dont support the 50hz 4k signal is it ? or if i change the cable to a new HDMI cable (2.0)will it fix the problem ?

awaiting reply please?

Changing the HDMI cable with the supplied new high speed cable will solve your missing frames issue. However your TV apparently doesn't support 4k50p. You would need to set the STB at 4k25p. This setting of course will not provide optimum picture quality in 4K, HD and SD channels.

jdrocks said:
Changing the HDMI cable with the supplied new high speed cable will solve your missing frames issue. However your TV apparently doesn't support 4k50p. You would need to set the STB at 4k25p. This setting of course will not provide optimum picture quality in 4K, HD and SD channels.

thanks for the quick reply - ok will change the cable today itself - but its really disappointing to know that the tv i purchased recently is not supporting this .. how do we make sure other folks dont make this same mistake ? i dont remember reading abt this 25hz / 50hz difference when i was searching for 4k tvs.. :( .. does going back to VU makes sense ?

avoodi said:
thanks for the quick reply - ok will change the cable today itself - but its really disappointing to know that the tv i purchased recently is not supporting this .. how do we make sure other folks dont make this same mistake ? i dont remember reading abt this 25hz / 50hz difference when i was searching for 4k tvs.. :( .. does going back to VU makes sense ?

Yes of course you can talk to them if they have provided misleading information.

Can anyone link me to HDMI 2.0 cables ? I'm very confused some are cheap and some are costly dunno which one to get.

viveksudhanshu said:
Can anyone link me to HDMI 2.0 cables ? I'm very confused some are cheap and some are costly dunno which one to get.

There is no HDMI 2.0 cable per se. You should be looking for High Speed HDMI cables as per the standard, which would support 4K. There are a lot of brands available, but I would avoid something which seems exceptionally cheap. As long as it is High Speed, any reasonably priced cable should be OK. Price will also vary according to length of the cable. Try the reputed online retailers and check for good reviews.

jdrocks said:
There is no HDMI 2.0 cable per se. You should be looking for High Speed HDMI cables as per the standard, which would support 4K. There are a lot of brands available, but I would avoid something which seems exceptionally cheap. As long as it is High Speed, any reasonably priced cable should be OK. Price will also vary according to length of the cable. Try the reputed online retailers and check for good reviews.

Mostly all the high speed cables are only 10.2 gbps , need which supports ARC/18gbps/4K@60p

viveksudhanshu said:
Mostly all the high speed cables are only 10.2 gbps , need which supports ARC/18gbps/4K@60p

Look for Ibra Pro Gold on Amazon - very good quality.

Hi,

Run in to a problem today. As suggested by many users here, was using Tata Sky 4K with my 55" LG OLED TV at 1080p. The picture quality and audio quality was brilliant.

Was tinkering some of the settings and I changed the resolution to 4K (50 Hz) just to see what happens. Now for no matter what I do, I am not getting any display on my TV. The audio is working fine though which means if I can somehow change the resolution back, everything is going to be alright. Can anyone help me with the exact key sequence for the same :)

TIA

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock