Can i receive Intelsat 17 66*E in India?

• Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 16
  • Views: Views 7,455

Bapun

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
Asthey thread title says i want to get IntelSat 17 signals with my 6ft C-Band Dish... As it is in Middle East so i think some signals will be available in India too...Guys please confirm me can i get Intelsat 17 and signals will be strong or weak? All TP will come in India?....

Thanks in advance...

Upto my little bit knowledge, you can get signals.
But other experts has to confirm.

You will get signals of Intelsat 17, except 1 or 2 transponders which are weak. Our ddf member is catching Intelsat 17 in Pune with his 6ft dish ...

I can get in my place too?(You know where i live)... And bro how will be the signal strength and quality? 70-80 or below?

Intelsat 17 has footprints all over India, so you will get signal anywhere in India. But signal strength i have not tuned to the satellite still so i cant tell you now. But Giri has tuned up already so i will ask him...

For more details about Intelsat 17 footprint in your region : Visit : http://www.satbeams.com/footprints

Secondly, for your kind info there are two C band beams for Intelsat 17 :

1. Global Beam
2. Landmass Beam

Bapun Raz said:
I can get in my place too?(You know where i live)... And bro how will be the signal strength and quality? 70-80 or below?

Bapun,

you will get ... IS 17 is little bit south west direction. but before you going to hunt it, search on Dish pointer.com and compare IS 17 direction with your current satellite. its nice satellite

thanks
Gireesh Kumar

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock