Can Tata Sky 4K be viewed on 1080p TV and HDMI 1.4 cable?

Sarkar said:
Blue ray plays at 1080p at 24 Hz where as 1080i broadcast at 50 Hz. So theoritically Both are same. Isn't it ? :u

1080i is broadcasted at 30 fps. Your Tv converts it to 60 fps

Tata Sky has created a dedicated 4K expert department. I called them today to enquire if 4K STB will connect to 1080p TV at least to show HD and SD channels properly. The claim from Tata Sky person was that it will. However he categorically denied any possibility of 1080p TV showing 4K channel even if resolution is selected to 1080p in STB instead of 4K. Let's see how accurate his information is.

u can watch normal sd n hd channels in 4k stb but the uhd content wud not be seen if tv is not uhd. the executive was absolutely right

prateek1987 said:
u can watch normal sd n hd channels in 4k stb but the uhd content wud not be seen if tv is not uhd. the executive was absolutely right

So could you give you opinion on this scenario.
I do following setting in STB, then also I cannot see 4K channel?

STB resolution --> 1080p (in place of 4K)
This should ideally downgrade the 4K channel resolution to 1080p before the signal is sent to 1080p TV.

Actually this thought is coming to mind because in normal HD STB also we have 576p and 576i resolution options and when we select that the picture quality degrades.

bro thats true but where is the uhd content...... u can watch live matches in uhd but as per the report, by 2020 only we have much uhd content to watch 4

so bro y u r in tug of war between 4kstbs n hd/sd stbs

we still don't have much hd content n u r asking 4 uhd

shiwesh said:
So could you give you opinion on this scenario.
I do following setting in STB, then also I cannot see 4K channel?

STB resolution --> 1080p (in place of 4K)
This should ideally downgrade the 4K channel resolution to 1080p before the signal is sent to 1080p TV.

Actually this thought is coming to mind because in normal HD STB also we have 576p and 576i resolution options and when we select that the picture quality degrades.

I dont think a full HD tv is equipped to display H.265 codec videos. They can only display H.264 unless the set top box itself converts them to H.264

sagar bro......can we play hd content in crt tvs though v have hd boxes..........no. answer is no.

so if a stb have that how cud be possible to play uhd content in full hd tvs.

r the manufacturers fool????????

But it is possible to display HD content on a CRT TV by downgrading the output signal from STB to 576i. Similarly it should be possible to downgrade 4K content thru 4K box to 1080i/p for displaying on FHD TV.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock