Can Tata Sky 4K be viewed on 1080p TV and HDMI 1.4 cable?

prateek1987 said:
sagar bro......can we play hd content in crt tvs though v have hd boxes..........no. answer is no.

so if a stb have that how cud be possible to play uhd content in full hd tvs.

r the manufacturers fool????????

I am not saying they can. I am sure they wont coz people will postpone the UHD tv buying if this happens. And SD tv doesnt support HDMI but HD and UHD both support HDMI 1.4 and as per the current broadcasting standard they can fit a 4K channel on a HDMI 1.4 cable eventually in couple of years HDMI 1.4 wont be able to support 4K. I am 100% sure HDTV doesnt support H.265.

sagar.patnaik said:
I am not saying they can. I am sure they wont coz people will postpone the UHD tv buying if this happens. And SD tv doesnt support HDMI but HD and UHD both support HDMI 1.4 and as per the current broadcasting standard they can fit a 4K channel on a HDMI 1.4 cable eventually in couple of years HDMI 1.4 wont be able to support 4K. I am 100% sure HDTV doesnt support H.265.

Decoder will be in the STB. TV should not have to decode H.265 signal.

prateek1987 said:
then y 1 ll purchase uhd stb......just to downgrade n then watch it

Absolutely right. Doesn't make sense at all. If you want to buy 4K STB, you should have 4K TV.

jdrocks said:
Decoder will be in the STB. TV should not have to decode H.265 signal.

Decoding part of STB is to just decrypt the signal. They dont convert the signals so your tv should support H.265 which the HDtv doesnt

still m not able to understand y the dth manufacturing 4k stbs as in India we wont have uhd content till next 5 years. we don't have any content n there wud b space problems which ll be resolved by 2020 only

prateek1987 said:
sagar bro......can we play hd content in crt tvs though v have hd boxes..........no. answer is no.

so if a stb have that how cud be possible to play uhd content in full hd tvs.

r the manufacturers fool????????

Using AV wire it is possible to view HD channels in CRT TV. Channels appear same as any other SD channel but in 16:9 aspect ratio.

shiwesh said:
Using AV wire it is possible to view HD channels in CRT TV. Channels appear same as any other SD channel but in 16:9 aspect ratio.

Might be but in this case codecs are different. H.264 and H.265. While stb supports both but broadcast of 4K channels will be in H.265 which HD tv wont support

The discussion is becoming so hot that I am tempting to waste 5900 Rs to test the possibility of viewing 4K content downgraded to 1080p (at least it should be much better than 1080i HD channels). Very bad temptation coming...

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock