Can Tata Sky 4K be viewed on 1080p TV and HDMI 1.4 cable?

bro hd means 1080p only but stb supports 1080i. n how wud u know whether uhd ll be available to downgrade or not?

prateek1987 said:
still m not able to understand y the dth manufacturing 4k stbs as in India we wont have uhd content till next 5 years. we don't have any content n there wud b space problems which ll be resolved by 2020 only

4K content is nowhere available in the world apart from 60-70 movies and a couple of tv series. The point is there should be a customer base before you start bringing in more content. There cannot be a million customer and loads of 4K content in one night. When HD started in 1999 in US they too lacked content.

bro.....in india it is not possible bcoz still major channels lacks in hd content. we have only i business news channel in hd n that too in english.

still hd, after inception, have less than 50 channels

prateek1987 said:
bro hd means 1080p only but stb supports 1080i. n how wud u know whether uhd ll be available to downgrade or not?

Not sure on this. But from my understanding HD channels feed from broadcaster itself is 1080i. Otherwise D2H specification is 1080p for their HD STB and still HD channels appear 1080i. So I am assuming broadcasters have the channels in 1080i.

prateek1987 said:
bro.....in india it is not possible bcoz still major channels lacks in hd content. we have only i business news channel in hd n that too in english.

still hd, after inception, have less than 50 channels

In US HD started in 1999 but pick up happened in 2007. That doesnt mean they should hve started in 2007. You always start from zero. In India HD started from 2010 if they started in 2014 we would hve had 1 or 2 channels and crying for no content

sagar.patnaik said:
Decoding part of STB is to just decrypt the signal. They dont convert the signals so your tv should support H.265 which the HDtv doesnt

Can you refer any article on this? Early (2013) 4K TVs did not have H.265/HEVC decoders. The STB is supposed to do the decoding and send a 2160p signal to the TV. H.265 decoder is needed on the TV itself if you want to stream content from the Internet or play HEVC content from a USB stick.

jdrocks said:
Can you refer any article on this? Early (2013) 4K TVs did not have H.265/HEVC decoders. The STB is supposed to do the decoding and send a 2160p signal to the TV. H.265 decoder is needed on the TV itself if you want to stream content from the Internet or play HEVC content from a USB stick.

There was no 4K broadcasting standards at that time and 4K was broadcasted in H.264 but now the standards have been defined. Those who bought old 4K tvs hve wasted their money coz they dont even hve HDMI 2.0

sagar.patnaik said:
There was no 4K broadcasting standards at that time and 4K was broadcasted in H.264 but now the standards have been defined. Those who bought old 4K tvs hve wasted their money coz they dont even hve HDMI 2.0

Guess we will have to practically test this. No point debating unless we have tried it out.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock