Capacity crunch may affect DTH expansion

Dishtv will not have issue as only 3 TPs r used from SES 8 till now..Asiasat 5 is thr with only 4 TPs in use carryin 50 HD channels..

sas123 said:
Rushil Bro what will happen when Insat-4a expire???? Is there any back up plan? 130 HD channels to come in near future.. Does Tata sky has any plan for that??

for insat-4a still around 2 years is there so i am damn sure ISRO will launch a backup sat till that :eek:hya :tup

And ts is now using the most advanced compression technology by using erricson encorders which helps them to carry more chnls per tp without effecting pq&aq.look at the sd chnl qwality of ts.its the best even if they carry 52sd chnls in a single 36mhz tp.This is a best example where technology helps dths to surpass bandwidth constraints

Am sure in near future a new encorder will come which helps to compress more than 100 sd chnls in a single 36mhz tp.So in future also technology beats space crunch

I still can't understand why DTH players simply use latest Video Compression softwares like H265 or VP9 and make full use of each TP they get rather then wasting Billions of Rupee's for paying taxes and Foreign Satellite's hiring fees. Its just like using Android 2.0 in Mobiles or Windows 98 in Pcs instead of available options like Android 5.1 , Android 6.0 or Windows 8 or 10. :wall

DishHD said:
I still can't understand why DTH players simply use latest Video Compression softwares like H265 or VP9 and make full use of each TP they get rather then wasting Billions of Rupee's for paying taxes and Foreign Satellite's hiring fees. Its just like using Android 2.0 in Mobiles or Windows 98 in Pcs instead of available options like Android 5.1 , Android 6.0 or Windows 8 or 10. :wall

Bcoz Windows 98 require 66 megahertz (MHz) processor, 24 MB RAM and 200 MB hard disk space whereas Windows 10 require 1 gigahertz (GHz) processor,
1 gigabyte RAM and free hard disk space of 16 GB. So can you Run windows 10 on Windows 98 hardware ? :no

So I think H265 they require latest chipset that means replacing 2 crore subscriber's STB for each DTH player and that will costs more money than they are currently spending on TPs ;)

DishHD said:
Dishtv made a collaboration recently for this..
18db84f379a68ba3b5e15eb6d4a4ba63.jpg

DishHD said:
dbcba0b23bd138ad5df7ffe938e850c1.jpg

Decoder..

Sarkar said:
Bcoz Windows 98 require 66 megahertz (MHz) processor, 24 MB RAM and 200 MB hard disk space whereas Windows 10 require 1 gigahertz (GHz) processor,
1 gigabyte RAM and free hard disk space of 16 GB. So can you Run windows 10 on Windows 98 hardware ? :no

So I think H265 they require latest chipset that means replacing 2 crore subscriber's STB for each DTH player and that will costs more money than they are currently spending on TPs ;)

for H264 Tata sky spent almost 1000 cr :s

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock