Discussion Censorship on TV channels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many times while watching Hollywood movies (hindi dubbed on UTV action, &Pictures, etc channels) with my 8 year kid, whenever a kissing scene occurs, I feel very uncomfortable like what should I tell my kid about that scene if he asks what are they doing and why?
Explain to them that the characters are expressing love to each other. Normalise it. Instead of making both yourself and the kid uncomfortable. Or the kid is bound to learn a positive thing negatively from some shady friend at school.

Many times while watching Hollywood movies (hindi dubbed on UTV action, &Pictures, etc channels) with my 8 year kid, whenever a kissing scene occurs, I feel very uncomfortable like what should I tell my kid about that scene if he asks what are they doing and why?
Kissing is normal.
But the problem is these movies sexualize the female to the Nth degree. Indian movies do the same thing, even worse in some of those songs.

Just tell him what exactly it is. Kissing isn't criminal offence. Nothing to be embarrassed. Also, if it's a girl kid, teach her about how to portray herself in confidence, and how to self protect herself. If it's a boy kid teach him how to treat a girl, how to protect her. Half of the crimes would reduce.

Or the kid is bound to learn a positive thing negatively from some shady friend at school.

You mean that choppy choppy friend?? Like you?🙈🙊🏃

Moral reason aside, watching movies with kid itself is not something to do till he/she turns 13 years old.
Atleast thats what I have learned from my childhood.
Better watch some nice documentaries with kids.
Make a list beforehand by researching on internet.

when I was a kid, my father used to show me INFOTAINMENT channels, now after 13 years I'm addicted to watch Infotainment!
Infotainment is more inappropriate than A rated movies. Broadcasters' needs to learn from Netflix about how to make infotainment content.

Infotainment is more inappropriate than A rated movies. Broadcasters' needs to learn from Netflix about how to make infotainment content.
What kind of shows are you watching? :skd:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock