Chennai ready to digitization

• Thread starter people
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 9
  • Views: Views 2,675

people

Contributor
Reaction score
In Chennai all cable TV operator meeting held on September 2012. after that meeting they are inform to all customers.

1.October 1st customer cannot watch TV without STB.
2.STB rate is Rupees 1200,warranty only coming with manufacturer end(no news about STB make)
3.they are plan to provide 110 Free + pay channels.
4.no news about updated subscription fee information,currently they are collecting 110 to 130 per month.

STB rates from MSO:
SCV Rupees 1000
CAMCAT Rupees 1200
JAC Rupees 800

Cheap rates they are offering as compare to my area Cable operator

Biswajit.HD said:
How many channels are they providing in total?? FTA + paid.. :huh

no detailed information just say 100 to 110 channels.may be they are increase the subscription fee.

let us wait n c digitization gives dough compete to dths or no. I believe digitization for sure will over take dths. :k

They will increase the channel count soon, good that started atleast. :)

i already posted my cable wallah rates in other post posting here again
Chennai:

Today when the local cable person came for collecting monthly subscription he gave pamphlet that from nov onwards digital cable will come and its Govt. Cable their language, set top box cost rs.1450/- and monthly 145/- but no choice of channels nothing seems useless service. The lady just knows that from Nov onwards you will need one STB and pay Rs.145/- rest all will be same, even she doesnt know you can select channels in digitization or not, or pay per view channel is there or not, dont know i feel its not worth

The hall TV is connected to local cable and my laptop TV has dish tv, now planning to move the dish connection to main TV. Already i became fed up with the local cable channels all regional not a single hindi news or movies channels and am happy with the 190 Rs pm dish package, atleast i can see some good my choice channels.

Here people dont know anything about digitization as long as they get sun tv and some 10 other tamil channels they are happy, hence instead of fixing dish they prefer local cable wallah, who shows his own channels ,,

If possible, please post the picture of the pamphlet.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock