Breaking Classic shows re-telecasting on DD National and DD Bharti to entertain lockdown people during COVID-19 outbreak in India

Now broadcasters are helpless.
DD taught lesson to these greedy broadcasters..
DD has once again shown although there are 900+ channels but no one can compete dd..
Lol, when shooting resumes. DD will disappear like always. Tell me one good shows they have produced from 2007-2020. I grew up with cable. Not one show appealed to me. The likes of Shaktimaan is terribly done. People watched because they had fewer or no other options.

Last edited:
Lol, when shooting resumes. DD will disappear like always. Tell me one good shows they have produced from 2007-2020. I grew up with cable. Not one show appealed to me. The likes of Shaktimaan is terribly done. People watched because they had fewer or no other options.
Bhai just watch western culture on private channels
Whereas on dd we see our Indian culture
And we Indian love our culture

Bhai just watch western culture on private channels
Whereas on dd we see our Indian culture
And we Indian love our culture
You gotta be kidding. Right? Saas baahu, mythological series etc are western culture?

I think it also holds that National government television can only show sacred epics of this land and not the religions of other places like bible,quran or other.
Also one must note that DD also can't telecast or promote religion as a whole.
well, They have seperate and dedicated channels to broadcast islamic contents on DD Kashir and DD Urdu don't they?
Don't mistake me, But here in tn they air christian songs on sundays and quran related shows on fridays.
If there's any epic story like mahabarat n ramayan in other religion and someone ready to produce it for DD channels they'd have.
Not only DD channels but private channels also don't air anything related to other religious programs unless it's some sort of festival.

picture quality on DD HD is good for serials that old. i remember watching them on grainy analog screen

Katha Sagar, Darpan based on short stories by eminent Indian Writers.
Malgudi Days by R K Narayan, Amaravati ki Kahania by Satyam Sankarmanchi, Gopichand ki Kahania are some of the Stories by South Indian writers
Several stories by Sarat Chandra and Munshi Premchand.
Wagle Ki Dunia and Flop Show are based on humour.
Bharat Ek Khoj based on Nehru's Discovery of India and Sanjay Khan's Tipu Sultan on History.
Vyomakesh Bakshi, Karamchand and Surag are detective stories
Nukkad, Buniyad, Hum Panch are some of soaps genre.
Ramayan, Mahabharat, Om Namah Shivay are from mythology.
Vikram Betal, Alif Laila, He Man, Shaktiman, Ek Do Teen Char, Chacha Choudhury, Birbal, Tenali Rama are some of Kids shows
That was the History of Doordarshan.

@DJ Roy bro if you feel the endless, meaningless, sentimental soaps of Saas Bahu type offered by the so called Private channels are good, I can't say anything.

The point was you stating all the western based shows private channels were showing. Not the quality of content.

Katha Sagar, Darpan based on short stories by eminent Indian Writers.
Malgudi Days by R K Narayan, Amaravati ki Kahania by Satyam Sankarmanchi, Gopichand ki Kahania are some of the Stories by South Indian writers
Several stories by Sarat Chandra and Munshi Premchand.
Wagle Ki Dunia and Flop Show are based on humour.
Bharat Ek Khoj based on Nehru's Discovery of India and Sanjay Khan's Tipu Sultan on History.
Vyomakesh Bakshi, Karamchand and Surag are detective stories
Nukkad, Buniyad, Hum Panch are some of soaps genre.
Ramayan, Mahabharat, Om Namah Shivay are from mythology.
Vikram Betal, Alif Laila, He Man, Shaktiman, Ek Do Teen Char, Chacha Choudhury, Birbal, Tenali Rama are some of Kids shows
That was the History of Doordarshan.

@DJ Roy bro if you feel the endless, meaningless, sentimental soaps of Saas Bahu type offered by the so called Private channels are good, I can't say anything.
Excellent reply

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock