Breaking Classic shows re-telecasting on DD National and DD Bharti to entertain lockdown people during COVID-19 outbreak in India

Katha Sagar, Darpan based on short stories by eminent Indian Writers.
Malgudi Days by R K Narayan, Amaravati ki Kahania by Satyam Sankarmanchi, Gopichand ki Kahania are some of the Stories by South Indian writers
Several stories by Sarat Chandra and Munshi Premchand.
Wagle Ki Dunia and Flop Show are based on humour.
Bharat Ek Khoj based on Nehru's Discovery of India and Sanjay Khan's Tipu Sultan on History.
Vyomakesh Bakshi, Karamchand and Surag are detective stories
Nukkad, Buniyad, Hum Panch are some of soaps genre.
Ramayan, Mahabharat, Om Namah Shivay are from mythology.
Vikram Betal, Alif Laila, He Man, Shaktiman, Ek Do Teen Char, Chacha Choudhury, Birbal, Tenali Rama are some of Kids shows
That was the History of Doordarshan.

@DJ Roy bro if you feel the endless, meaningless, sentimental soaps of Saas Bahu type offered by the so called Private channels are good, I can't say anything.
All of these are old shows. With time, no one is going to watch it again and again. DD national has nothing new to show. One should see KBS of Korea to know how a national broadcaster should operate.

All of these are old shows. With time, no one is going to watch it again and again. DD national has nothing new to show. One should see KBS of Korea to know how a national broadcaster should operate.
Why we need to learn from Korea.... We are Indian bro.... Not Korean....... We know how to keep our countries pride up......

Yes, it is true that DD has lost its glory and nobody wants those stuff now. My point is to highlight that DD offered better and varied content than these new channels.

Why we need to learn from Korea.... We are Indian bro.... Not Korean....... We know how to keep our countries pride up......
Fact is, those govt tv channels (DD) employees became too lazy to find sponsors and producers for their show. once producers and sponsors are producing contents for DD, because they had no other ventures to promote their contents/products. but now they have too many channels to promote their products. It'll take at least a decade for DD to get back to their old form.
In TN there's a regional channel called DD Podhigai. they've launched some reality shows and good entertaining live shows. but due to the lack of sponsors, each show had only one sponsor which is no good. they had to give winners a lot of money themselves. If the marketing team did some work and promote their content like private channels, they might have got some sponsors.

Last edited:
Man you are blinded by My Nation My Pride thing. If some other nation is better than us in some thing we should accept that.
Donot take it on heart......
Bro I am not blinded by nation my pride things Do you know other countries are doing better because our Indian are at the top most positions in those countries....
Is our PM Modi blind when he says "We should make in India...

Last edited:
Personally i dont think dd national will do better in quarantine period also with mahabharat ramayan nd shaktiman.....its just twitterati nd social media people know abt reruns of those classics real audience who is moved from dd they dont evn know abt reruns .....trp audience is very diff from what we think
Dont get me wrong but i dont think these shows are gonna get high trps.....trp aunties will def prefer boring repeats of old regressive shows.....audience is def moved from dd national after 2000 with entry of "Ekta " dramas....i may be wrong about trp prediction .....just wait for next thursday its just matter of 1 week time

Last edited:
Doordarshan is one of the worst public broadcasters in the world. BBC is so much better. Be it their infotainment content, drama or news coverage. They make billions of dollars off syndication worldwide. What does Doordarshan exactly do in the country of billions?

In this quarantine period only news channels will gain viewership.....dd national MIGHT get good viewership from dd freedish as there are not so many options but from pay platforms it will not gain any viewership

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock