• Replies Replies: Replies 17
  • Views Views: Views 2,036

Siva

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello guys,

As dish TV also introduced the sun HD channels, I wanted to check on the audio of Gemini hd channel. On airtel and d2h, even though the channel claims Dolby Digital audio, in reality it's not. The front and rear channels aren't producing any sound and the volume is very low on this channel compared to other HD channels. Can the dish TV users confirm if this problem is present on your platform too. Thanks.

Guys,

Can anyone please confirm this. Anyone subscribed to this channel on Dish TV? Please let me know. Thanks.

I think dish tv is not providing Dolby Surround Sound for hd channels except one or two of existing hd channels. But definitely not for gemini tv hd ..

Oh, that's surprising. I thought they are providing more than 20 True HD channels. Not sure how can they claim True HD without providing Dolby Digital sound. Thanks anyway.

Sun group of channels only provide Dolby digital sound only while playing weekend movies .... Gemini HD is a exception as there is no HD content but upscaled.

Re: RE: Confirmation needed on Gemini HD audio

bharath2481 said:
Sun group of channels only provide Dolby digital sound only while playing weekend movies .... Gemini HD is a exception as there is no HD content but upscaled.
Well, that's not true. Gemini HD now shows some content in full HD. This includes some serials, programs and weekend movies. They show a banner ad when full HD content is being telecasted saying "Watch this in HD with Dolby Digital Plus audio on Gemini HD channel". But the issue is, for those programs the audio is not Dolby Digital as they are claiming. There seems to be a technical issue with the sound distribution. Both the front and rear channels aren't producing any sound. I wanted the Dish TV users to confirm this. Thanks.

bharath2481 said:
That is why is used the work 'exception' when I referred to Gemini HD
But I thought you said no HD content and only upscaled.

I have raised a complaint to d2h already about Gemini HD audio and HD content issue and surprisingly d2h guys said "We haven't received any complaints so far on Gemini HD" and then I asked them do you really have any Gemini TV HD customers and they replied "yes, we have many"....

Unless, people raises their voice - issue will not be fixed by sun network.

anjank said:
I have raised a complaint to d2h already about Gemini HD audio and HD content issue and surprisingly d2h guys said "We haven't received any complaints so far on Gemini HD" and then I asked them do you really have any Gemini TV HD customers and they replied "yes, we have many"....

Unless, people raises their voice - issue will not be fixed by sun network.
Are they not working on the complaint? Was this their final response?

Back
Top Bottom