• Replies: Replies 20
  • Views: Views 2,809

Siva

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
Guys,

I have been using the Gemini HD channel from the day of launch on Airtel. I must admit that I'm utterly disappointed with this channel. I really don't understand why they need to have a HD tag to it. Video quality is on par with the SD channel and the audio is atrocious. It doesn't make any sense to the viewers to add this channel. All your expectations on so called HD content will be wrong. Since I have paid the price upfront for a month I will keep it. I'm going to remove it as soon as the month is done. My sincere advice to everyone is not to fall for the HD tag. Hope this helps.

As of now, only Serials & Programs are coming in HD. Once they start airing all the movies in HD, then it would be of worth subscribing to this channel

ilikered said:
Guys,

I have been using the Gemini HD channel from the day of launch on Airtel. I must admit that I'm utterly disappointed with this channel. I really don't understand why they need to have a HD tag to it. Video quality is on par with the SD channel and the audio is atrocious. It doesn't make any sense to the viewers to add this channel. All your expectations on so called HD content will be wrong. Since I have paid the price upfront for a month I will keep it. I'm going to remove it as soon as the month is done. My sincere advice to everyone is not to fall for the HD tag. Hope this helps.

SD users watching it more than a year :k

Re: RE: Don't waste money on Gemini HD

people said:
SD users watching it more than a year :k
Yeah, we can watch if it's available in a base pack. It's a premium channel in airtel. Premium channel should air true HD content in my view.

Guys agreed that Gemini HD quality is not great and not all programs are aired in HD.. but something is better than nothing. We all mourned for this channel knowing that its not a FULL HD channel.

This is the exact reason why AIRTEL didn't add this channel.. but due immense demand from TELUGU AIRTEL USERS they had no option but to add this.

Have patience within a year all programs will be telecasted in HD.

Yes i don't like to pay 40 pm.. 20rs would have been ideal :)

ilikered said:
Guys,

This could be the main reason why Airtel delayed the addition of SUN HD Channels, but later fell for the outcry. The quality of these channels are highly substandard.

I have added sun HD today on the 3 day offer. It's definitely much much better than Gemini HD. The sound is true 5.1 channel mostly. Picture is also much better.

Airtel seems to have partially fixed the audio issue. Now it's true Dolby Digital Plus audio for some movies. But still a long way to go.

ilikered said:
Yeah, we can watch if it's available in a base pack. It's a premium channel in airtel. Premium channel should air true HD content in my view.

Its much more premier in videocon d2h(Rs 51 per month)... and we are very good people to watch Gemini HD premier channel with lot of ads and few HD movies without proper dolby sound... Oh god, please tell Gemini HD to show some respect to telugu people:):)

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock