d2h Subscription Policy

• Thread starter Thread starter Raman Kapoor
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 9
  • Views Views: Views 1,767

Raman Kapoor

Reaction score
Hello friends,

I am a regular visitor to DDF and have now become a member to seek advice on Videocon d2h subscription policy from experts in this forum.

The problem is, every time d2h increases its base pack prices, it recalculates my subscription based on the higher price and reduces the duration of my current subscription.

My two-year subscription to Platinum HD pack started on January 1, 2013, after 2 months of free preview of the same pack (from November 1, 2012).

As per the original pack plan, the two-year subscription was supposed to end on December 31, 2014, the free 120 days on April 30, 2015, and 3% additional benefit on May 23, 2015.

After multiple price increases since I took the subscription and d2h subsequently recalculating my subscription on every such occasion, my subscription term now stands reduced by one full month.

Isn’t d2h being dishonest by not freezing the subscription period, especially when its website itself promises price protection for the entire long-term recharge duration?

And along with breaking the price protection promise, isn’t d2h indulging in a breach of contract, since once I have purchased a service by paying the 100% cost in advance, the company is regularly reducing the contracted service term by linking it to subsequent price increases?

Most important, if a long-term subscriber has to face the same price increases that a monthly subscriber does, why would anyone give the company multiples of ten thousand rupees in advance?

I request other members in the forum to suggest whom to approach for redress in Videocon d2h in Delhi.

It is Against Rule of TRAI
You Should Write to Nodal Officers ; If They Don't Listen Then to TRAI

Please send mail to customer care. They also reduced my expiration period after price hike. When I wrote mail to them, they changed expiration date as earlier.

Raman Kapoor said:
Hello friends,

I am a regular visitor to DDF and have now become a member to seek advice on Videocon d2h subscription policy from experts in this forum.

The problem is, every time d2h increases its base pack prices, it recalculates my subscription based on the higher price and reduces the duration of my current subscription.

My two-year subscription to Platinum HD pack started on January 1, 2013, after 2 months of free preview of the same pack (from November 1, 2012).

As per the original pack plan, the two-year subscription was supposed to end on December 31, 2014, the free 120 days on April 30, 2015, and 3% additional benefit on May 23, 2015.

After multiple price increases since I took the subscription and d2h subsequently recalculating my subscription on every such occasion, my subscription term now stands reduced by one full month.

Isn’t d2h being dishonest by not freezing the subscription period, especially when its website itself promises price protection for the entire long-term recharge duration?

And along with breaking the price protection promise, isn’t d2h indulging in a breach of contract, since once I have purchased a service by paying the 100% cost in advance, the company is regularly reducing the contracted service term by linking it to subsequent price increases?

Most important, if a long-term subscriber has to face the same price increases that a monthly subscriber does, why would anyone give the company multiples of ten thousand rupees in advance?

I request other members in the forum to suggest whom to approach for redress in Videocon d2h in Delhi.

yeah i totally agree to raman kapoor bro.it was happen to me.when i was usng d2h two years back aftr mail and spke to cc oly i was solve my pblm......

Please write to the nodal officer of your area or try visiting him personally, and get back the lost validity period, this should not have happened as the price protection policy protects any price increased during the said period.

this is worst customer service. after paying money also, we have to waste our time.
its d2h policy of price protection then d2h shud care of that also.
y a customer shud waste his precious time :angry:angry:angry

they cut amount daily basis. if u pay one year or 5 year they also cut same. other dth if u pay one year subscription they cut all amount and your balnce is 0 and last date also give. but d2h only give a last day amonut cut is daily base.

raman kapoor bro plz call nodal or call cc and speek with their TL they solve your problem soon. :)

Back
Top Bottom