Discovery launches sports channel "D-SPORTS" in India

• Thread starter Thread starter rahul1117kumar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 510
  • Views Views: Views 68,687
Yes, channel removed. Some members have highlighted that it is a license issue. It seems they have no HD license yet.

This channel's management is a total joke - launched their HD feed on d2h without proper license, still unable to get on two of major DTH platforms (TS and ADTV), wasted opportunity to grab eyeballs with SA-NZ, PSL, AFCONS etc.

My hopes are really not high with this channel now.

They should learn a thing or two from Sony, about how to launch a sports channel.

My last hope about newzealand cricket today end.in india broadcaster not care about viewer.he only telecast those games.indian fans never want.no advertisement for this channel he not deserve.

khepacheley said:
This channel's management is a total joke - launched their HD feed on d2h without proper license, still unable to get on two of major DTH platforms (TS and ADTV), wasted opportunity to grab eyeballs with SA-NZ, PSL, AFCONS etc.

My hopes are really not high with this channel now.

They should learn a thing or two from Sony, about how to launch a sports channel.

Channel launched on 6th Feb so how can it show AFCON which ended on 5th Feb.

Regarding cricket series, PSL and NZ home cricket have very high asking price so that's the reason there are no buyers. Even England home internationals will not be seen later this season if their asking price isn't reduced. No more are Indian sports channels willing to pay the huge monies they were earlier paying for non India cricket which don't generate viewership or revenue like the local leagues of hockey, kabaddi, football etc.

That's true Kabaddi is getting very popular these days. Star must be making a lot from that

Back
Top Bottom