Dish Pointing Change from RDTV to D2H

• Thread starter utsc
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 14
  • Views: Views 2,456

utsc

Reaction score
I currently have Reliance Digital TV. My RDTV STB is not working properly so I am planning to by the Videocon STB only.

Question 2: Will my RDTV LNB work with Videcon D2H SD STB and HD STB or do I need to buy a new LNB.

Question 2: Can you please confirm that I need to change the direction of the Dish to get Videocon (I think RDTV and Sundirect are on the same sat)

@ utsc

Yes , Reliance Digital TV and Sun Direct are on same satellite - (Measat 3 at 91.5°E)

And Videocon D2H is in (ST 2 at 88.0°E)

so now you should change the direction of your dish to get Videocon D2H

By the way from where you will get the STB of Videocon D2H

My friend has a used one and I am buying from him for Rs 500.

People are advising me to stay with RDTV.

People are saying in other treads that Videocon quality is not good. Is this correct?

@ utsc

The quality is not bad it is also not too good but it has good quality .
And the most important that is has numbers of channels at affordable Rate
So i would recommend you to go for Videocon D2H

What is the definition of poor quality or not so good quality. Can you please provide an example

Since all DTH providers use MPEG 4 I thought the quality will be similar for the same channel.

go for d2h..but don't throw ur rdtv set-top box....it might help u in future…

utsc said:
What is the definition of poor quality or not so good quality. Can you please provide an example

Since all DTH providers use MPEG 4 I thought the quality will be similar for the same channel.

Thats the tragedy of DTH and its users.. every DTH users has to take their own brand or marketed STBs if we want their service.. Sad part is those r differant Brands and Differant SW .. even differant technology.. differant encryptions.. every thing depends upon how the certain DTH provider Downlink and uplink their channels .. differant technology makes the differant PQ,AQ ..

utsc said:
My friend has a used one and I am buying from him for Rs 500.

People are advising me to stay with RDTV.

People are saying in other treads that Videocon quality is not good. Is this correct?
If its used one then please dont buy it... better to contact any dealer asking for STB only if u want to change..
BTW RDTV is offering u new STB For Rs 500/- with warranty..

Mr.Kumarbhai said:
If its used one then please dont buy it... better to contact any dealer asking for STB only if u want to change..
BTW RDTV is offering u new STB For Rs 500/- with warranty..

I did not know that RDTV was offering a new STB for Rs 500/-. I thought they will exchange it for another used but working condition STB for RS 500/-

How and where do I get a new STB for Rs 500

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock