Breaking Dish TV India using ST2 (D2H) satellite from today 4th May 2018

• Thread starter Thread starter Raman king
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 290
  • Views Views: Views 56,601
In my opinion
1. Satellite (carrier) costs are huge and recurring every year based on the number of TPs rented. For any business, using single satellite makes more sense than worrying about re-alignment of dish. Cost per transponder leasing is around Rs.20 Cr. to 25 Cr per year.
2. Rs.200 to Rs. 250 per dish realignment will be the cost (in bulk). Hence spending that amount will be cheaper than satellite renting charges (About Rs. 50 Cr one time charge considering 2 million customers)
3. They will do it in a phased manner across India
4. To gain more business and customers, they will combine all the available channels from D2h and DishTV
5. ST2 has 41 Ku band transponders. How many are free as of now is not clear. However, based on the demand they can realign the free antenna's on the satellite to beam signals to India, if all the 41 are not being used. This will add capacity to the ST2 satellite
6. As long as the STBs support the encryption formats. it doesn't matter using the same box in different satellites. After encryption issues are resolved (which is already done by adding Conax by D2h), it is only matter of SW updates to the box.
7. NSS6 was launched in 2002 and it makes sense to consider ST2 which was launched in 2011 for an uninterrupted service. (may be moot point. there will be plan to have a new satellite at 95 deg, E.)

Whatever it is, I feel it's going to benefit customers. Price war may continue if Big TV manages to deliver what they promised. Also, more people are hooked on to mobile videos than watching the usual TV. But one TV per home is going to continue.

Last edited:
In my opinion
1. Satellite (carrier) costs are huge and recurring every year based on the number of TPs rented. For any business, using single satellite makes more sense than worrying about re-alignment of dish. Cost per transponder leasing is around Rs.20 Cr. to 25 Cr per year.
2. Rs.200 to Rs. 250 per dish realignment will be the cost (in bulk). Hence spending that amount will be cheaper than satellite renting charges (About Rs. 50 Cr one time charge considering 2 million customers)
3. They will do it in a phased manner across India
4. To gain more business and customers, they will combine all the available channels from D2h and DishTV
5. ST2 has 41 Ku band transponders. How many are free as of now is not clear. However, based on the demand they can realign the free antenna's on the satellite to beam signals to India, if all the 41 are not being used. This will add capacity to the ST2 satellite
6. As long as the STBs support the encryption formats. it doesn't matter using the same box in different satellites. After encryption issues are resolved (which is already done by adding Conax by D2h), it is only matter of SW updates to the box.
7. NSS6 was launched in 2002 and it makes sense to consider ST2 which was launched in 2011 for an uninterrupted service. (may be moot point. there will be plan to have a new satellite at 95 deg, E.)

Whatever it is, I feel it's going to benefit customers. Price war may continue if Big TV manages to deliver what they promised. Also, more people are hooked on to mobile videos than watching the usual TV. But one TV per home is going to continue.
Also they will go for ST2 bcoz changing with single lnb instead of mono block lnb will also save cost for them.

NSS6 Will Expire Soon And Will Be Replace By SES 12 In Q2 2018 SES 12 Will Have Massive 138 KU TPs Capacity And SES 12 Has Better Coverage In UAE Too ST2 Does Not Has Coverage In UAE I Highly Dobut Dish TV Will Leave 95E.But They Will Vacant 100E KU Soon.

Instead They Might Ask Users To Use Monoblock LNB On 95E And 88E
Like Currently They Are Using To Get100E To 93.5E On One LNB

I think NSS6 had a life span of 14 years officially,2002 launch year + 14years 2016 so shifting to ST2 makes sense,DD free dish.GSAT 15 was launched in 2015 and with dual LNB those signal of DD free Dish still DishTV will get easily.Delhi High court also ordered Dish TV to Vacate Asiasat 5 as many are catching signals of Dish TV in middle east illegally on complaint of UAE based DTH company Gulf DTH FZ .So leaving Asiasat 5 satellite is 100% certain and Dish TV already started process

Last edited:
as far as i understand
Dish TV can use their STB on D2H ST2 TPs after this software update as currently they can't that does not mean they are realigning Dish TV dish to st2 this software update is for Dish TV STB use on ST2 only nothing more than that if Dish TV aligned to st2 then how Dish TV users will get Asiasat5 signals......

By this software update

Dish TV can sale their own STB with d2h dish so in future Dish TV STB will be used on ST2 instead of D2H STB...

however old dishtv boxes are useless for d2h channels. because NSS 6 dishtv channels are MPEG2 format, D2h channels are MPEG4 format. Most of Dishtv customers having old mpeg2 boxes only...let see what will happen.......

however old dishtv boxes are useless for d2h channels. because NSS 6 dishtv channels are MPEG2 format, D2h channels are MPEG4 format. Most of Dishtv customers having old mpeg2 boxes only...let see what will happen.......
I think d2h converted there channels in mpeg2 format, because from a week I observed many channels picturequality decreased

Back
Top Bottom