DDF Exclusive Disney and Fox deal likely to be announced next week; includes sale of Nat Geo, Star India, Hulu and Regional Sports

• Thread starter ayanc99
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 100
  • Views: Views 20,135
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Rupert Murdoch will sell broadcasting assets like sky and fox, these are his biggest business. If its given away then what is left with him?
I think their bigges business is movie making and distribution apart from news corporation.This is similar in line with time warner sale.They don't see future in broadcasting business..

I think those are subsidiary not the parent one. Fox is listed in US stock exchange so i think it's a US company

Yes bro Fox is an American company

Walt Disney Co. held talks to buy 21st Century Fox Inc.’s movie studio and other assets, a person familiar with the matter said, a deal that would have given the entertainment giant control of another studio and TV networks across the world.

The two sides aren’t talking anymore, said the person, who asked not to be identified discussing private information. Fox shares surged as much as 8.9 percent, and Disney rose as much as 2.4 percent after CNBC first reported on the discussions. Both companies declined to comment.

Disney would have acquired cable networks such as FX and National Geographic, as well as assets outside the U.S. including the Star cable network in India and a stake in the Sky Plc satellite service in Europe, the person said. Disney wouldn’t acquire Fox’s broadcast network, Fox News, local broadcast stations or sports programming, the person said.

Fox is also awaiting approval in the U.K. to acquire full control of Sky, a deal that has been held up by regulators.

Fox also has valuable assets outside the U.S. where Netflix, Facebook and YouTube have large user bases. Star operates 58 channels in eight languages in India, while Sky is one of the largest pay-TV companies in Europe.

Disney Explored Buying Fox Assets; Talks Now Dead

I think their bigges business is movie making and distribution apart from news corporation.This is similar in line with time warner sale.They don't see future in broadcasting business..
That's true

Star and sky are 2 different companies having no direct links. Only link is their parent organisation is 21st century Fox. So any dicision on star will not affect sky.

Also sky is major dth operator in Europe which is making profits

So What About Tata Sky Feture. It Will Re - Branding Or Anything Else.

i dont think they will sell their india business.....in article its mentioned UK, germany and italy....

and they wont purchase sports and broadcasting networks.....they will purchase movie studio

read here in this para...

"The company could not own two broadcast networks and would therefore not buy the Fox broadcast network. It would not buy Fox's sports programming assets in the belief that combining them with ESPN could be seen as anti-competitive from an antitrust standpoint and it would not buy the Fox News or Business channel. Disney would also not purchase Fox's local broadcasting affiliates, according to people familiar with the negotiations. "

i dont think they will sell their india business.....in article its mentioned UK, germany and italy....

and they wont purchase sports and broadcasting networks.....they will purchase movie studio

read here in this para...

"The company could not own two broadcast networks and would therefore not buy the Fox broadcast network. It would not buy Fox's sports programming assets in the belief that combining them with ESPN could be seen as anti-competitive from an antitrust standpoint and it would not buy the Fox News or Business channel. Disney would also not purchase Fox's local broadcasting affiliates, according to people familiar with the negotiations. "

So This Things Affected Their European Subsidiary Not India Am I Right , So Not Any Effect For TS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock