DTH updates Disney planning to pull out stake from Tata Sky

• Thread starter hulk
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 21
  • Views: Views 5,238
Airtel digital TV may take the remaining stakes on Tata sky. Because their merger not completed with DishTV-D2h. Airtel should talk with Tata sky.

I must say that the Tata brand has never been bigger than the Sky (Star/Disney) brand in this particular case. It has never been like Tata Motors and TCS, but allowed Sky to do the heavy lifting. For Tata to put its name front and centre is going to be a challenge.

Also, whether the current Sky branding will continue (since Sky is owned by rival Comcast) remains to be seen.

I must say that the Tata brand has never been bigger than the Sky (Star/Disney) brand in this particular case. It has never been like Tata Motors and TCS, but allowed Sky to do the heavy lifting. For Tata to put its name front and centre is going to be a challenge.
I personally would prefer the name Sky against Tata Sky any day. If they plan to remame they will most likely go with something boring like Tata DTH Service.

I suggest to get the license from Sky to use the name. Other names sounds ridiculous.

May be BT / Bein / Singapore Telecom/ Sky/ Comcast will come in as other partner

First of all Disney has nothing to do with the name Sky. So the name will remain as it is

Sky is now owned by Comcast.

If comcast buys the stake then it would be back to square one where the owner of Sky had a stake in TS.
Yes, When Fox owned Sky group, they just used the brand name and logo. Later Sky group sold to Comcast and Tata Sky stakes went to Disney. Even Tata has all the rights to use the word 'Sky'(as a figurative word about broadcasting) without any permission from Sky company, I don't know how they are able to continue with exact brand logo of Sky group last two years..? Then there is nothing gonna happen to 'Tata Sky' brand when Disney exit.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock