Dolby digital added

Not getting the picture.but its the first time they are adding Dolby digital at the launch of the new hd channel.may they are working on it.let's hope for the best...

It's 5.1 surround sound, not Dolby Digital. Don't think Dish has license from Dolby labs. So no logo anywhere, either on EPG or on STB unlike TataSky or Airtel. :k

If you have a home theatre you just see in properties it will show you its Dolby digital with 48kbps.my onkyo ht indicates that.even Videocon don't have licence but it provides DD for 26 channels

Vetrivel4444 said:
If you have a home theatre you just see in properties it will show you its Dolby digital with 48kbps.my onkyo ht indicates that.even Videocon don't have licence but it provides DD for 26 channels

Yes they can give 5.1 audio but they can't claim it as DD audio because they don't have the license as said by Jdrocks bro

If a person don't have driving licence and yet he drives well.is he not a driver???likewise.....

Most of them are using pirated version instead of original windows OS.so can we say they are not using windows os.

To answer your question, look at DishTV themselves. They claim to provide 5.1 sound. Quite correctly, nowhere have they claimed to provide Dolby Digital.

That is what I am saying. We should not call it Dolby Audio. Simple 5.1 surround sound is all we can and should call it. If Dish is itself not claiming to provide DD, why should we? Otherwise we are doing disservice to and making unfair comparison to the genuine licensed partners of Dolby labs - TS, Airtel, etc. :k

jdrocks said:
To answer your question, look at DishTV themselves. They claim to provide 5.1 sound. Quite correctly, nowhere have they claimed to provide Dolby Digital.

That is what I am saying. We should not call it Dolby Audio. Simple 5.1 surround sound is all we can and should call it. Otherwise we are doing disservice to the genuine licensed partners of Dolby labs - TS, Airtel, etc.

Thats Very Good Point bro after this I will surely make changes in my HD channels List :k

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock