Dolby digital/Dolby digital plus still not working in some star HD channels

• Thread starter Thread starter dritesh007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 28
  • Views Views: Views 3,719
It is a software or Hardware problem. I mentioned this in your previous topic. I don't have a source for another HD+ Box. otherwise I would have been tested.

So for I was thinking that the problem is with Star Group HD Channels. But the fact is different, Being Sunday I made few tests to pin point the problem today.
I am having Samsung 40 Inch LED (6900), AirTel HD STB and Samsung 1000W 3D Bluray Home theatre (5530), The connection follows like this : STB to TV thro HDMI Cable, TV to Home Theatre thro Optical Cable. Now when my setting in STB is audio thro HDMI is set as DD Plus, star group channels no out putting. Other HD channels out puts are fine. When I change the setting to DD star channels are also fine. So I thought problem is with Star HD Channels. Today I changed the connection as follows: STB to Home Theatre thro Optical Cable. Now every thing is fine. When I set STB as Audio thro HDMI is DD Plus all the channels including Star HDs are fine. I get DD Plus audio, but I could not find much difference between DD and DD Plus. So I confirm that the problem is my TV is not able to deliver DD Plus It delivers only DD 5.1. The another shocking truth is All other HD channels except Star Group channels are NOT DD Plus but only DD.

No no
U connected spdif stb to HT right?
Then u will only get DD not DD+, only through HDMI in to your HT then you can get DD+.
Please confirm jayanji...

If I connect STB's HDMI out to HT's HDMI In, then the DTH signal is routed to TV thro HT and not directly. Then there may be some loss of signals.
Another problem is I have a analog cable also connected to TV. To hear analog cable's audio I may have to take one more optical audio to HT.

There is no signal lost or weak problem with HDMI connection. See DD+ will only work when conection is STB to HT / AVR through HDMI and then HT/AVR to TV . on optical cable u will able to get DD up to 640kbps.
By the way issued not fixed till today only getting DD through HDMI to all Chanel include Star DD+ chanell waiting for S/W update.

Only HD DVR user with versions 505 getting both DD and DD+ audio
Other HD user of technicolor and HD+ of Huawei they are getting only DD not DD+ .they need to fixed this bug issue and update s/w as soon as possible.

Most of the present TV cannot pass through DD+ signals even with ARC
So STB-TV-HTIB(AV receiver) will not get the result
STB-HTIB(AVR)-TV only will give the high resolution audio
Very few TVs will process the DD+ signal & down convert to DD for AVR
Some of the Manufactures announced the dts:x & atmos(ac4) pass through TV for the future line up

dritesh007 said:
Only HD DVR user with versions 505 getting both DD and DD+ audio
Other HD user of technicolor and HD+ of Huawei they are getting only DD not DD+ .they need to fixed this bug issue and update s/w as soon as possible.

No, i am having ver 503 in my hd dvr ,having no issue with dolby digital and dolby digital plus,both working fine :)

Back
Top Bottom