dolby sound in hd channels ?

karthik0741

Reaction score
how to get dolby digital sound in hd channels :hd ?
clicked on dolby sound.. sound goes mute...
what to do..?:s

Do you have AV receiver capable of DD or trying to get the sound on TV? Have you connected the coaxial audio cable to your receiver?

Zero7 said:
Do you have AV receiver capable of DD or trying to get the sound on TV? Have you connected the coaxial audio cable to your receiver?

just conneted hdmi cable to tv..tv to music system..

karthik0741 said:
how to get dolby digital sound in hd channels :hd ?
clicked on dolby sound.. sound goes mute...
what to do..?:s

your tv model please?

In HD Zapper, HDMI does not transmit DD Audio signal. If you have HDDVR, then HDMI audio works fine it seems.

If you have proper home theater system installed at your home with HD LCD then please check there is a port behind the dvd coaxial out, simply connect coaxial cable from HT to HD STB S/PDIF Port then press settings and select Home Cinema option in audio settings then you can see the dolby sound gets working.

if you needed any h elp u can call me on *****

Admin note: Don't post mobile number in public forum

agreed with Devesh kindly dont post any persona Info u can share the same in PM

On the older HD boxes, you can get DD output via SPDIF output at the back of the STB.

On the newer STBs, HDMI seems to carry DD but what I have observed is it is still being recognised as a PCM 2.0 signal by my HT. When I connected the optical out of my STB to the HT, it was immediately recognised as a DD 3/2.1 (Dolby Digital 5.1) signal.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock