Breaking DSPORT back with Discovery; Lex Sportel is out of the deal.

• Thread starter Zaxotes
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 344
  • Views: Views 58,788
D sports rebrand as 1 Sports
in every DTH platforms DSport became DSport SD and airing EuroSport 2 feed.
so LEX Sportel's 1Sport channel will be launched as a separate channel on a separate LCN!
he D sport with Lex sportel watermark will be rebrand as 1 Sports currently its running without logo
but on DTH & Cable platforms LEX Sportel feed got replaced by DSport of EuroSport 2 feed.

Whatever Discovery is planning to do has already failed in my eyes. If they think can win Indian viewers with cycling and snowboards. They have already failed. Meanwhile Lex Sports can be go to channel for niche viewers if they go for MLB, NFL and AEW rights instead. They can already give tough competition to Sony with just AEW.

Whatever Discovery is planning to do has already failed in my eyes. If they think can win Indian viewers with cycling and snowboards. They have already failed. Meanwhile Lex Sports can be go to channel for niche viewers if they go for MLB, NFL and AEW rights instead. They can already give tough competition to Sony with just AEW.

This is temporary.

They have football tennis fight sports golf rights. Not to forget this is a huge year for cricket. 6 boards namely Bangladesh, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, South Africa, West Indies and Zimbabwe rights are going for tender so there is huge opportunity for them to make their presence felt by acquiring one or multiple of these cricket board media rights not to forget the T20 franchise leagues of various countries.

This is temporary.

They have football tennis fight sports golf rights. Not to forget this is a huge year for cricket. 6 boards namely Bangladesh, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, South Africa, West Indies and Zimbabwe rights are going for tender so there is huge opportunity for them to make their presence felt by acquiring one or multiple of these cricket board media rights not to forget the T20 franchise leagues of various countries.
I believe Sony will swoop back whatever it has except Zimbabwe, and probably Pakistan.

Also new Zealand rights are coming up right after the India tour is over. So maybe they will also go for Bangladesh or new Zealand. Remaining rights should go to dsport/eurosport

6xUeTJi.jpg

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock