Breaking DSPORT back with Discovery; Lex Sportel is out of the deal.

• Thread starter Zaxotes
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 344
  • Views: Views 59,053
something fishy going on between 1sports and discovery.
bv42Qx4.png

Source

Last edited:
ok i understand that 1sports is coming.but what will happen to dsports? Will it be eurosport in 14 February??

DSport, a sports TV channel launched in February 2017, by Discovery Network Asia-Pacific, removed the word “Discovery” from all of it's Social Media handles!
previously the description on FB & Twitter was “A premium sports channel by Discovery Network for the Indian Subcontinent”, BUT now it says ONLY this―↓

gaCPxqW.png

they updated the info on Dec 3rd

4x2P2aB.png

not only about/info section, they don't use the Discovery word even on poster's logo since November 27th!

here's how their previous DP & Info looked―↓

l3QhGxe.png

don't know exactly why they've done this, but it feels like DSPORT is now fully owned by LEX Sportel Vision pvt. ltd. (RC Venkateish, former incharge of ESPN Star and former CEO of DishTV)

after removing the word Discovery,
now DSport's FB page's username has been changed!!

YxCwqfl.jpg

In simple terms, both Discovery and Lex Sportel Vision are winners, and both get to operate their own sports channels after parting ways. The only downside is that there will still be no HD channel. Let's see how much Lex Sportel Vision can hold on. Will it go the way of Neo (or True Sports :rofl2: )?
I believe Neo sports way

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock