DTH updates DTH focus shifts to ARPU from subscriber numbers

Varunkfdd

Reaction score
In the early days, customer acquisition was the key for most distribution platform operators but, currently, their eyes are set on cost-efficiencies.

An industry source tells Indiantelevision.com, “The biggest worry in the market right now is the elephant in the room, which is Reliance Jio. In the last three quarters, DTH growth has been very muted and is not growing as actively as it should have. The challenge for DTH players right now is pushing up the Average revenue per user (Arpu) and push high definition (HD) subscription. Tata Sky, for instance, is pushing HD channels to 110 and trying to create HD packs. It is not trying to increase the subscriber base but planning towards increasing the Arpu.
DTH focus shifts to ARPU from subscriber numbers

Last edited:
How come Jio effect DTH Industry ? Its now present in telecom sector only.

Atleast in article it is mentioned so and also you can watch traditional tv on jio tv

Yes we can watch traditional TV on JioTV but the proper question is : Can you replace your traditional TV with Jio TV ? I think 99 % will say no as they cannot afford the data cost required for JioTV leave alone poor jio connectivity

That's impossible, you cannot watch traditional TV with Jio

As people are glued to their mobiles they watch TV on the go and Jio having now a large subscriber base with Jio TV in action Dth operators are facing the music.In fact Dishtv has asked for discount from broadcasters citing that they are given a huge discount to carry their channels.

Yes we can watch traditional TV on JioTV but the proper question is : Can you replace your traditional TV with Jio TV ? I think 99 % will say no as they cannot afford the data cost required for JioTV leave alone poor jio connectivity

I agree with you regarding traditional TV cannot be replaced but I have used Jio TV without issues and watched cricket action and badminton regularly on Jio mobile.

Millennials prefer to do everything (which includes watching TV) on their smartphone while the older generation is still sticking to watching stuff on TV.

On demand video services & anywhere availability is the way forward for entertainment in the digital world which cannot be addressed by the DTH platform at present. Omni channel video/entertainment solutions are the practical next step for these players.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock