Good News Moved from Airtel DTH to Tata Sky

Congrats bro! Honestly one should make a choice based on whichever operator meets their requirements. We have to compare properly and go finer into various aspects to opt for the best one.

Also must say that full satisfaction can never be achieved, we need to be more accomodative rather than feel let down by few things.

Well airtel is providing applicable refund for missing channels if one requests them but i agree they should do so for all subscribers impacted on voluntary basis. Missing channels will be added soon, they r working on it. They cannot alter pack composition or reduce prices without taking broadcasters into confidence, right now broadcasters do not agree with giving discounts for unavailable channels and rather want operators to add all these channels. Adding channels again involves various factors which need to be looked into and sorted , its taking longer time but eventually all matters will be addressed shortly

Congrats bro! Honestly one should make a choice based on whichever operator meets their requirements. We have to compare properly and go finer into various aspects to opt for the best one.

Also must say that full satisfaction can never be achieved, we need to be more accomodative rather than feel let down by few things.

Well airtel is providing applicable refund for missing channels if one requests them but i agree they should do so for all subscribers impacted on voluntary basis. Missing channels will be added soon, they r working on it. They cannot alter pack composition or reduce prices without taking broadcasters into confidence, right now broadcasters do not agree with giving discounts for unavailable channels and rather want operators to add all these channels. Adding channels again involves various factors which need to be looked into and sorted , its taking longer time but eventually all matters will be addressed shortly
Well, I was never dissatisfied with Airtel, I would have still continued with Airtel if they had Zee Keralam HD in their channel list! It may sound silly, but I decided to switch to TS to get 1 extra HD channel! At my home parents only watch Malayalam Channels and hence even 1 extra HD channel makes a lot of difference when it comes to the viewing experience especially when you have a HT and a big TV. Also, after hearing that Mathrubhumi News is discontinued from Airtel, I am really happy with this migration as it is 1 channel which my parents watch a lot! Also, the option to have ala carte channels for even 1 day provided by TataSky will save me a ton of money (I am yet to make use of it) as I can opt for English Movies/Entertainment which I watch whenever I go home to Kerala. For Airtel, I would have to pay 1-month rental for watching extra channels for 3 to 4 days whenever I am at home.

Last edited:
Well, I was never dissatisfied with Airtel, I would have still continued with Airtel if they had Zee Keralam HD in their channel list! It may sound silly, but I decided to switch to TS to get 1 extra HD channel! At my home parents only watch Malayalam Channels and hence even 1 extra HD channel makes a lot of difference when it comes to the viewing experience especially when you have a HT and a big TV. Also, after hearing that Mathrubhumi News is discontinued from Airtel, I am really happy with this migration as it is 1 channel which my parents watch a lot! Also, the option to have ala carte channels for even 1 day provided by TataSky will save me a ton of money (I am yet to make use of it) as I can opt for English Movies/Entertainment which I watch whenever I go home to Kerala. For Airtel, I would have to pay 1-month rental for watching extra channels for 3 to 4 days whenever I am at home.

Happy for u brother. I am more satisfied with airtel than tata sky bcoz of many factors. Airtel gives much more offers and value for money deals for subscribers. Yes, airtel does not have few popular HD channels but i don't really miss much of them. All the key ones r present on platform and rest r in pipeline to be launched very soon. Watching SD Feed isn't such a big letdown atleast for me, i have hardly taken HD bouquet bcoz of it being costly. Channels getting dropped is a common practice and does happen in Tata Sky too, those having demand get added back soon

Coming to ur point regarding difference in lock in period, well brother post new framework implementation even airtel has 1 day lock in condition and daily deduction happens for packs/top ups/ individual channels. So no need to worry about spending more unnecessarily, just pay as per ur choice.

Also, the option to have ala carte channels for even 1 day provided by TataSky will save me a ton of money (I am yet to make use of it) as I can opt for English Movies/Entertainment which I watch whenever I go home to Kerala. For Airtel, I would have to pay 1-month rental for watching extra channels for 3 to 4 days whenever I am at home.
Congrats Bro For your New DTH Connection.

Bro One Information Airtel also Have 1 Day lock in period for Vas Services,a la carta channels and addons. For packs there is 0 lock in period. Anyone can change packs anyday anytime.

This is totally wrong info that we need to pay 1 month rental to watch any extra channel.In airtel also you can add channel today and deactivated it next day.There is no need to pay 1 month rental for any channel. All add on/a la carta channels Available as DBR Basis.

Last edited:
I've also moved from Airtel to Tatasky yesterday for two reasons:
1. No NCF for multi TV. So my bill has come down by approx. Rs. 100 per month
2. More HD channels with the same broadcaster pack.

Other things I like are smaller STB, better customer support, instant channel addition (in airtel, one has to switch on/off the stb after sending sms), smaller semi transparent tatasky logo, ergonomic remote.

Let's see what happens later...

I've also moved from Airtel to Tatasky yesterday for two reasons:
1. No NCF for multi TV. So my bill has come down by approx. Rs. 100 per month
2. More HD channels with the same broadcaster pack.

Other things I like are smaller STB, better customer support, instant channel addition (in airtel, one has to switch on/off the stb after sending sms), smaller semi transparent tatasky logo, ergonomic remote.

Congratulations bro and welcome to tatasky family

It's not like that. Channels gets added within few seconds after receiving the confirmation message.

It's not like that. Channels gets added within few seconds after receiving the confirmation message.
It was like that only for me when I was in Airtel. May be it was due to the make of my STB which was very old. Newer STB might not have that problem.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock