DDF Exclusive DTH Portability coming from April

• Thread starter jakab
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 63
  • Views: Views 9,038
its good move from trai.all dths will oppose this because they have to reduce the package prices and dth war.

I will wait port option. If d2h will not add some hindi movies and mtv beats and sony rox hd . I will port in tata sky

One more option I think dth service provider will give free stb for port option

whatever, They'll charge money if we're gonna port our stb to other companies. so, instead of porting to new operator buy a stb on ebay with subscription.

the only advantage of this port option will be, we could bargain for offers from cc. we could blackmail them, like"If you won't give me this offer/ that channel I'll port my connection to other companies" :lol:
Then, They'll give some premium channels at low cost. :lol:

I don't think any DTH will allow their current Subscribers to run away with Subsidised boxes so Subscribers will have to pay to current DTH provider to port to new DTH

I don't think any DTH will allow their current Subscribers to run away with Subsidised boxes

we're paying 1500+ while installing for stb only.so i think we can. but we have to pay some money to the one we're porting to.

we're paying 1500+ while installing for stb only.so i think we can. but we have to pay some money to the one we're porting to.

Cost of boxes is around 3000 for SD/HD(for HD PVR it is even more) according to Mr Nagpal so there is a difference of Rs 1500 which DTH providers are subsidising. That amount goes up further if Box is PVR with WiFi or other crazy stuff builtin.

It is much like JioPhone which is subsidised by Rs 1000 atleast, how can you expect Jio to allow you to use other operator SIM on Jio phone then ?

The only solution for TRAI is to lauch new type of box in market (just like we buy unlocked mobile phones) which support all DTH providers's card and customers have to buy those boxes with full price with No subsidy. You cannot expect that your current box will become inter operable with other DTH

It's right think to portability. Trai get decision very late. There in dth market rules very bad they are money looters like in mobile internet, which was 250₹ for per 1gb.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock