Eutelsat 70B will see Kyrgyz channels! (on central asia beam)

shawl_who

Contributor
Reaction score
Eutelsat has announced a multi-year agreement with the Kyrgyz public broadcaster RPO RMTR that should accelerate the country’s transition to digital broadcasting.

RPO RMTR is using the high-power service area of the Eutelsat 70B satellite to broadcast a free-to-air platform of national channels to DTT towers and direct to homes beyond terrestrial reception.

One in five of the 1.2 million TV homes in the Kyrgyz Republic is already equipped with a dish, with the country’s highly mountainous terrain making satellite particularly efficient for achieving 100% penetration of digital TV.

The RPO RMTR platform, comprising four TV and three radio channels, went live in November and was launched commercially this month.

The offer is expected to ramp up rapidly in 2015 to 16 TV and eight radio channels, with further services planned for the future.

Commenting on the development, Ainura Temirbekov, the vice minister of culture, information and tourism of the Kyrgyz Republic, said: “We are excited about the fruitful cooperation between RPO RMTR and Eutelsat for the successful implementation of digital satellite TV. This project for the broadcasting of the Kyrgyz Republic’s public channels via Eutelsat 70B satellite allows us to cover the entire territory of the country. The population of the Kyrgyz Republic is now able to receive all public TV and radio channels anywhere in our country.”

Bakit Sharshembiev, CEO of RPO RMTR, added: “Access to Eutelsat 70B’s premium coverage over the Kyrgyz Republic transforms us into a nationwide provider of digital broadcast services. By having a hybrid satellite – DTT network, we will achieve full digital coverage in time for analogue switch off in June this year.”

Michel Azibert, chief commercial & development officer of Eutelsat, concluded: “We are delighted to leverage our experience of analogue switch-off to help the Kyrgyz Republic organise a smooth transition to digital, and that RPO RMTR’s preference goes to our Eutelsat 70B satellite. This is a significant opportunity for Central Asia as Eutelsat’s 70 degrees East position can take its place as a broadcasting point of reference in the region, with premium reach of the Kyrgyz Republic as well as Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan and Tajikistan.

Eutelsat inks important Kyrgyz deal

Don'nt know whether we will get the central asia beam or not, bcz earlier it was coming with good signals but now very fringe reception. :-/

Aman is getting Central Asia beam on 4 feet Dish in Shimla,
We will get it but not on small DTH dish,
Already 4 Kyrgyz Package channels available on Central Asia beam,
Tp 11255 V 4830,
KTR
Madaniyat
Muzika
Balastan

Yeah... they might have started d chnls even before d deal got finalized.... as those chnls r running for quite some tkme :win

shawl_who said:
Yeah... they might have started d chnls even before d deal got finalized.... as those chnls r running for quite some tkme :win
or may be this deal will bring some more.

I was getting this beam on my 60cms dish when aman bro told me about that.. Bt now i can't say anything.

razatmadthakur said:
I was getting this beam on my 60cms dish when aman bro told me about that.. Bt now i can't say anything.

where r u located bro, kashmir ? :huh

shawl_who said:
where r u located bro, kashmir ? :huh
No shawl who bro himachal pradesh.. And i have got eutelsat 10, 9A and 7a in my 60cms. I had showed you video of my setup.

Good share Shawl bro Yes south Asia beam is receivable in north easily but not on small dishes minimum 90CM to 120CM for good signal.

razatmadthakur said:
No shawl who bro himachal pradesh.. And i have got eutelsat 10, 9A and 7a in my 60cms. I had showed you video of my setup.

oh yeah bro.. I remember now, and where exactly in HP? :shy

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock