Discussion Forcing to buy unwanted channels

Got following reply from TRAI who were cc'd in my complaint email to d2h CC.
Dear Sir/Madam,
We have received your mail. Thank you for writing to TRAI. Your grievance has been forwarded to your Service Provider for an early resolution. Through press release issued on 31st January 2019, TRAI has specifically instructed all the Service Providers that no pack should be forcefully imposed upon the subscribers. Customers are free to choose Free to Air channels and/ or pay channels either on a-la-carte or in the form of bouquet or any combination thereof.

The customer care does not care for customers now. Videocon d2h picked some channels from my choice and added some channels of their won and force it on me. I have sent many emails if no avail. Even called the customer care ( 9115691156), no use. There is no stopping. How can I get out.

I had created a plan before Feb 1st, when it was possible to deselect all channels except the 25 DD channels. There was no message, no nothing and I thought that plan was lost because when I logged back into the website, I couldn't find my submitted plan anywhere nor did the channels that I could view change. Also, as everyone is reporting, the map tool now did not allow deselecting channels from d2h's recommended list of 100.

Anyway, I let matters slide and pushed it to the back of my mind. Yesterday, while browsing idly, I came across one of the channels that wasn't on my old d2h pack but that I had specified in my new TRAI-based plan on the d2h website. Checked for other channels that I had requested and those are there as well.

I am giving d2h staff the benefit of doubt; they are probably overworked and understaffed, but I guess they are activating plans at their own pace.
The map tool on the website is of no use and anyway, you can't log into their website most times. For anyone who wants to create a plan now, I guess your best bet is to go to the TRAI website, make a list of the channels/bouquets required and email customer care. And wait.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock