Fox renews ‘The Simpsons’ for two more seasons

• Thread starter Thakur
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 0
  • Views: Views 446

Thakur

Banned
Reaction score
US broadcaster Fox has renewed ‘The Simpsons’ for a 27th and 28th season, which will take the series to 625 episodes.

“I’ve outlasted Letterman, Jon Stewart and ‘McDreamy,’ because I have something they don’t: a costly 200-donut-a-day addiction,” said Homer Simpson.

The longest-running scripted show in television history, ‘The Simpsons’ launched back in 1990. Currently airing its record 26th season, the show has won 31 Emmy Awards, 31 Annie Awards and a 2015 People’s Choice Award.

It was also the first animated series to win a Peabody Award and was nominated for an Academy Award in 2012 for the theatrical short ‘The Longest Daycare’.

‘The Simpsons Movie’ was a film.

It has been named the “Best Show of the 20th Century” by Time magazine, and called the “Greatest American Sitcom” by Entertainment Weekly in 2013.

Read more at: 

http://www.televisionpost.com/television/fox-renews-the-simpsons-for-two-more-seasons/

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock