Discussion From 1st Feb avoid pay channels and start increasing the TRP of FTA channels #avoid pay channels soap

I dont think prices will increase by much for DTH users. Max 30-40 Rs increase will be there. Remember that NCF and MRPs are maximum prices. There will be at least 50% discount on MRPs of DTH-made bouquets (not broadcaster bouquets).

I dont think prices will increase by much for DTH users. Max 30-40 Rs increase will be there. Remember that NCF and MRPs are maximum prices. There will be at least 50% discount on MRPs of DTH-made bouquets (not broadcaster bouquets).
In Dishtv for Malayalam channels, before there is a package known as Joy pack+Sampoorna malayalam (Cost 150/-) where we can get all malayalam channels.
Tell me bro, for how much Money the same channels can be selected (Consider I need only Malayalam channels SD)
I think It will exceed 220...

In the middle of all chaos and ruckus over the greedy pricing by broadcasters like Star, I would like to appreciate Discovery network for their nominal pricing. For Rs.10 you can get 9 Channels including 4 HD and 1 Sports channel. Coming to A-la-carte, the highest of the individual channels is priced at Rs.6 for Discovery HD World. While literally all other channels are priced under Rs.4.
Do you think if Discovery has the rights of IPL,BCCI, ICC,PL etc and they give D sports at Rs.4?:hehe:

Tell me bro, for how much Money the same channels can be selected
Exactly. I have a Tatasky connection. If I watch only telugu FTA + pay channels, it will cost 99+70 ~ 170 today. In the new TRAI rule, after DTH packs are designed, this will certainly increase by 30 or 40 or even 50. So, cost will be 220-230. But, consider this. I subscribe to 1 sports channel alacarte. Previously, it was 75. So, total 170+75 = 245. In new order, I will be paying only 19 for it. So, total becomes 230+19 ~ 250, which is not much increase.
This is what TRAI wants to do. If DTH/broadcasters keep regional/base packs at a high price, they will lose those customers like you. So, they wont increase prices by much. So, it will be advantageous to choose only base pack+regional and add some in alacarte instead of bouquets.

I presume you are generalizing without actually checking the new prices for previous pack/channel lists. If you check, you will know the reality. Just as an example, operaters were providing bouquets with grouping on genre - say all english movies for 50-80rs. Now, try to add all english movie channels and see the price & you will see the difference.

Just to quote our specific example - my parents TV connection, we used to pay 150rs on airtel for all kannada + kannada HD pack which included star movies, sports 1 & couple of other english channels together (as part of the 51rs kannada HD pack - some 8 channels in total). Now, just for the normal SD kannada channels, by selecting individual broadcaster's cheapest kannada language bouquets, its going to ~300rs. Going alacarte is not a wise option as the price goes up further.

I am pretty sure the case will be similar with other users as well.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock