General Discussion about Airtel Digital TV

Has anyone upgraded to HD in the month of August? If yes, after how many days was your STB replaced?
I don't think anyone would have got their STB replaced such early.

I don't think anyone would have got their STB replaced such early.
When I registered for upgrade on 19 August, I was told that it would be replaced by next day 5:30 PM. But no one showed up. When I called the called the CC they told me it would be replaced in 2 days, 4 days, 7-10 days, etc. Every time CC tells a different time. I guess they have no idea about the availability of the STBs which is very weird. They are trained to keep customer in a waiting loop.

When I mailed the appellate authority about this, I got a call saying that they don't have STBs in stock and they don't know when they will be available again. When I asked them how come they are giving new connections if they don't have STBs, I was told that they use different STBs for new connections and upgrades. Any idea why?

Anyway, seeing how @subashbose registered for upgrade a month ago, I don't think I'm getting the replacement anytime soon. I think they should cut down on their HD upgrade advertisements when they don't have the required equipment to fulfil a service they advertise. Instead, the CC just misguides customers. At least this should be stopped.

Last edited:
When I registered for upgrade on 19 August, I was told that it would be replaced by next day 5:30 PM. But no one showed up. When I called the called the CC they told me it would be replaced in 2 days, 4 days, 7-10 days, etc. Every time CC tells a different time. I guess they have no idea about the availability of the STBs which is very weird. They are trained to keep customer in a waiting loop.

When I mailed the appellate authority about this, I got a call saying that they don't have STBs in stock and they don't know when they will be available again. When I asked them how come they are giving new connections if they don't have STBs, I was told that they use different STBs for new connections and upgrades. Any idea why?

Anyway, seeing how @subashbose registered for upgrade a month ago, I don't think I'm getting the replacement anytime soon. I think they should cut down on their HD upgrade advertisements when they don't have the required equipment to fulfil a service they advertise. Instead, the CC just misguides customers. At least this should be stopped.
I misunderstood your previous post. I thought you were already a HD customer and looking for STB replacement. Now I understand that you are an SD customer and looking for HD upgrade. I'm surprised it's taking this long for you to upgrade to HD. And their explanation of using different STB for HD upgrade and new connection is incorrect. They use same box for upgrade and new connection. Only for replacements, they use different box. I think something went wrong, why don't you tweet them and ask them in public about this. Let's see what happens.

I misunderstood your previous post. I thought you were already a HD customer and looking for STB replacement. Now I understand that you are an SD customer and looking for HD upgrade. I'm surprised it's taking this long for you to upgrade to HD. And their explanation of using different STB for HD upgrade and new connection is incorrect. They use same box for upgrade and new connection. Only for replacements, they use different box. I think something went wrong, why don't you tweet them and ask them in public about this. Let's see what happens.
I already tweeted about this on 22 August. Here it is: Source

They sent me a DM saying they will provide a update soon. But no updates yet. Seems they don't care at all.

I already tweeted about this on 22 August. Here it is: Source

They sent me a DM saying they will provide a update soon. But no updates yet. Seems they don't care at all.
Airtel is giving new HD connections immediately, they have enough HD STBs, they are supposed to give new STB for the upgrade.
I do not know why they are delaying the upgrade for the customers for more than 1 month.
You should complain to the Nodal officer.

I filled online from 14 Aug, after 30 second I got call from airtel. He wanted time from me. I gave time after 2 pm at 15 aug. I got new connection 6 PM at 15 Aug
I didn't face problem from airtel

I filled online from 14 Aug, after 30 second I got call from airtel. He wanted time from me. I gave time after 2 pm at 15 aug. I got new connection 6 PM at 15 Aug
I didn't face problem from airtel
you have new connection they giving new connection within two hours

Send email to Nodal bro
Airtel is giving new HD connections immediately, they have enough HD STBs, they are supposed to give new STB for the upgrade.
I do not know why they are delaying the upgrade for the customers for more than 1 month.
You should complain to the Nodal officer.
I already sent mails to both nodal and appellate. Got these emails as response:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock