General Discussion about Airtel Digital TV

• Thread starter Thread starter sundaresh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 28,766
  • Views Views: Views 4,014,186
Me too on the same pack till October 2019, however the biggest question is about the Al-a-carte channels. Do we need to pay NCF if we add HD channels on A-la-carte basis or not. If we need to pay NCF, then we better go for a new pack.

Network Capacity Fee and MRP/DRP r completely different things brother. NCF is what we r paying to operators for cost incurred by them for renting bandwidth while price of a channel is what broadcaster and operator gets for giving us channels, it is shared in ratio of 80:20 between these two.

TRAI has kept initial slab price limit of Rs. 130 so that MSO/LCO get a basic revenue and given them choice to charge less than this too if they wish so. Remember FTA channels pay to operators for being on their platform and carriage fee rules have been tightened in new regime , this is the monthly charges equivalent of how pay channel subscription model works while in both bandwidth charges r additionally taken care of. Even in current system we were paying NCF but these classifications were not presented publicly by any platform.

Network Capacity Fee and MRP/DRP r completely different things brother. NCF is what we r paying to operators for cost incurred by them for renting bandwidth while price of a channel is what broadcaster and operator gets for giving us channels, it is shared in ratio of 80:20 between these two.
I know that brother, When did I say they are same? You didn't answer my question. Let me explain what I'm asking.

Right now I'm on a Long term pack, and per TRAI's guidelines I have a choice to continue using that pack till it expires. The expiration of the pack is in Oct-2019. However, it contains only SD channels. So, if I need any HD channel, say in Mar-2019, do I need to pay only MRP of that channel or MRP+NCF? If it's MRP+NCF, how much would be the NCF? Would it be 130 or 20 or some other charge? Hope this is clear.

Last edited:
Airtel TV Digital has got package details of roughly 45,000 of its subscribers.

Source - TelevisionPost

Okay I need some help with something!!!

Recently I created my own pack in Airtel Digital TV selfcare website and accidentally clicked confirm after reviewing it. I want to cancel it. How do I do it?

Airtel CC saying I can only cancel it on 1st Feb 2019. But I'm afraid the plan will be automatically activated by then.

Accidentally pressed some of button. In that appears WIFI logo. When I pressed WIFI logo. Its show like below.

What should I do. Purchases Two weeks before this STB

puwSaVG.jpg

I know that brother, When did I say they are same? You didn't answer my question. Let me explain what I'm asking.

Right now I'm on a Long term pack, and per TRAI's guidelines I have a choice to continue using that pack till it expires. The expiration of the pack is in Oct-2019. However, it contains only SD channels. So, if I need any HD channel, say in Mar-2019, do I need to pay only MRP of that channel or MRP+NCF? If it's MRP+NCF, how much would be the NCF? Would it be 130 or 20 or some other charge? Hope this is clear.

Only MRP Of That Pack!

As You Are Already Have A Base Pack!

Accidentally pressed some of button. In that appears WIFI logo. When I pressed WIFI logo. Its show like below.

What should I do. Purchases Two weeks before this STB
You've pressed ITV button & that's Wi-Fi service is for On Demand service which is currently unavailable from airtel. If you've modem then you can try by connecting it to your STB.
On Demand service is available for free. To activate send ADD OD to 54325.

In discovery bouquets Sun channels are mentioned in some of the packs and the ten rupees hd pack with all discovery channels is not there:wall:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom