Discussion General Discussion about Tamil TV channels-Current and Upcoming

I have the same doubt!! nothing sure until Tamil TV Premiere of 2.0,might be Sun Tv or Star Vijay might be still in Talks to buy Tamil Rights either from producer or if possible even from Zee Network too.

As Zee Network doesn't posses Digital Rights of Tamil Version too,they may sell satellite rights if they get any Better deal from others.

There is a News about Lyca Productions the producers of 2.0 producing Rajinikanth's upcoming project to be directed by A.R.Murugadoss which is initially said to be under Sun Pictures Banner, If some give & take happens between Lyca & Sun 2.0 Tamil satellite right might shift hands.

Then very recently some of the Zee Studios songs such as from Movie Pyaar Prema Kaadhal started running on Sun Music and following that Pyaar Prema Kaadhal premiere that is announced to be telecasted last Sunday abruptly stopped.So Sun & Zee seems to be reaching some sort of agreement about some unknown content sharing.After Some more days we may see some content sharing between Sun & Zee otherwise its just a speculation.
No, Zee will not give up 2.0 rights in these last moment. The thing I stated don't meant about change of rights. I just wanted to know why a tamil channel show hindi trailer of a tamil movie(a kind of paradox).
And if Zee give up 2.0 rights it is very shame for them.

How are these channels with respect to content and quality? I shortlisted them as FTA channels to opt.

1. Isaiaruvi
  2. Vaanavil
  3. Velicham
  4. Murasu
  5. Super
  6. Imayam

How are these channels with respect to content and quality? I shortlisted them as FTA channels to opt.

1. Isaiaruvi
  2. Vaanavil
  3. Velicham
  4. Murasu
  5. Super
  6. Imayam
Isai Aruvi I like most from the list.Good music channel. Murasu you may not like it airs only old tamil songs(black and white) Don't know about others. Any way other channels doesn't have anything to watch for Non tamil viewers.

Isai Aruvi I like most from the list.Good music channel. Murasu you may not like it airs only old tamil songs(black and white) Don't know about others. Any way other channels doesn't have anything to watch for Non tamil viewers.
I think all those 6 are non GEC (means no soap serials) music+movie channels, with telebuy slots. That's why I shortlisted them.

1. Isaiaruvi
  2. Vaanavil
  3. Velicham
  4. Murasu
  5. Super
  6. Imayam

except murasu and velicham(for some extend) remaining are worth

I think all those 6 are non GEC (means no soap serials) music+movie channels, with telebuy slots. That's why I shortlisted them.
Except isai aruvi, murasu others are like jeevan,jaihind etc.Other than Sun music, Isai aruvi, Jaya max etc there are many good music and youth channels in tamil but not available in SD.

Except isai aruvi, murasu others are like jeevan,jaihind etc.Other than Sun music, Isai aruvi, Jaya max etc there are many good music and youth channels in tamil but not available in SD.
I may pick 5 of them for first month, as my total picks with DD and HD doubling won't reach 90.🥥

Now Star Vijay is showing 'Asianet Star communications ltd' tag after each show ends.Earlier it was 'Vijay Television Private ltd'. Seems Star formed a new division for its south cluster. Another notable thing is that Asianet is given prefix for Star(not given the name Star asianet communications) .So currently Star India doesn't have any ideas for diminishing Asianet brand.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock