Discussion General Discussion about Tamil TV channels-Current and Upcoming

Unofficial news:Star Vijay Super HD to be launched on April 14.

@Vadirocks bro kindly get some update from official source eagerly awaiting for this channel before IPL season ends and expecting WC telecast too on Vijay Super HD!!

@Raju lal bro is the source Tamil TV updates fb page/source or some other page you got this update from??

Last edited:
@Vadirocks bro kindly get some update from official source eagerly awaiting for this channel before IPL season ends and expecting WC telecast too on Vijay Super HD!!

@Raju lal bro is the source Tamil TV updates fb page/source or some other page you got this update from??

Vijay Super HD Not Launching

Vijay Music & Vijay Music HD Only Getting Launched Post IPL!

*As @M.J.Sadiq will know, Star acquired Vijay only in 2001. It was running from 1996 to 1997 as Golden Eagle Communication, then from '97 to '01 as Vijay TV.
In my knowledge Vijay tv started in 1994 with the name 'Golden Eagle Communications'(not from 1996). Later Vijay mallya owned United Breweries bought the channel and renamed as Vijay TV. After that some stakes was bought by UTV(not a part of Disney then). At last it came to Star. Now time joined them (UTV and Vijay) under same umbrella. And I think what if Star buys it directly from Golden Eagle..they have to find a good name for it. From the owner towards Star it passed through Vijay mallya's hands may be for the origin of that name.

As Asianet lost KBC Malayalam I think Star Vijay also do the same.
May be Colors Tamil will carry the next season of 'Ningalum Vellalam oru Kodi'.
Don't know about Star Maa, Unlike other languages Star is very aggressive in holding everything in their hands in Telugu.

Last edited:
Don't know about Star Maa, Unlike other languages Star is very aggressive in holding everything in their hands in Telugu
Star has traditionally been unconquerable in Hindi and Malayalam. Until last year in Bangla as well but not any more. Now Star has become invincible in Telugu. Star Maa is one of the biggest magnets of the Star network along with Star Plus even though the graphics are 80x worse than Star Plus.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock