DDF Exclusive General Discussion, News, Updates And Comparison Of Various DTH Brands

• Thread starter Siva
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 516
  • Views: Views 61,577
@A4Akash Bro, Try to make a thread for List of Indian Satellite Channels not available in any DTH Platforms in India!!!
It will be hard as there are many channels not available on dth platforms!

And I don't think that a thread need for the topic you shared.

I think all DTH Platforms in India including DD FREE DISH is in future Programs like Back ground activities of Upgrading their Systems, Addition of New Satellites, Transponders, LCN Changes, Addition of New SD & HD Channels!!!

Tata Play has lost most subscribers in December 2021 to March 2022 fiscal and overall too it has lost many subscribers in financial year 2021-2022. Airtel gained max subscribers but in last fiscal there was a drop but still overall it has increased subscriber base. Sun Direct has also gradually gained subscribers but still it holds less % of overall DTH customer base. Dish TV lost subscribers in 3 quarters and marginally gained subscribers in last quarter

Disney planning to offload 10% stake in Tata Play

Tata Play has lost most subscribers in December 2021 to March 2022 fiscal and overall too it has lost many subscribers in financial year 2021-2022. Airtel gained max subscribers but in last fiscal there was a drop but still overall it has increased subscriber base. Sun Direct has also gradually gained subscribers but still it holds less % of overall DTH customer base. Dish TV lost subscribers in 3 quarters and marginally gained subscribers in last quarter

It’s a Known thing for the company. That’s why they changed their name in advance

The majority of airtel new subscribers are airtel black subscribers...most of them are not going to stay...if airtel doesn't provide premium services...
Even I am one of those so called increased subscriber...i exited from airtel black..after one month itself....i lost 1500 but quality service is more important...
Airtel simply thinks people are paying 1500 security deposit so they are going to stay with them. It doesn't work. Because airtel black subscribers are higher arpu customers...they are paying because they want best service..airtel need to understand this better...

And another thing is here not only tataplay or sun direct or some other is the loser...everyone is a loser.....credit goes to TRAI😂....
Paytv is going to shrink that's for sure. That's why big dth players are promoting hybrid boxes and bundled packs....

Airtel also going to use their DTH business as loss leader strategy...already they started doing it with black plans..

Disney and HBO or whatever Western Companies.. are not interested in satellite businesses anymore.. They are going to do this with all their investments...

Only thing and hope for paydth is ott and channel hybrid business model....
Or low revenues...

1. TataPlay - Promoting Ott combos and hybrid boxes heavily.
2. Airtel - Using and going to use dth business as just perk " loss leader model"
3. Sun direct - lower NCF...looking to gain subs with lower ARPU and stay in the business.
4.dish, d2h - they don't know what they are doing...so doing all things in the way they want..😅

All players are clear with their strategies..
Stake selling is nothing in this business..if TataPlay Succeed with their business model their share price will be next gold mine.

The Link is not opening.

The majority of airtel new subscribers are airtel black subscribers...most of them are not going to stay...if airtel doesn't provide premium services...
Even I am one of those so called increased subscriber...i exited from airtel black..after one month itself....i lost 1500 but quality service is more important...
Airtel simply thinks people are paying 1500 security deposit so they are going to stay with them. It doesn't work. Because airtel black subscribers are higher arpu customers...they are paying because they want best service..airtel need to understand this better...

And another thing is here not only tataplay or sun direct or some other is the loser...everyone is a loser.....credit goes to TRAI😂....
Paytv is going to shrink that's for sure. That's why big dth players are promoting hybrid boxes and bundled packs....

Airtel also going to use their DTH business as loss leader strategy...already they started doing it with black plans..

Disney and HBO or whatever Western Companies.. are not interested in satellite businesses anymore.. They are going to do this with all their investments...

Only thing and hope for paydth is ott and channel hybrid business model....
Or low revenues...

1. TataPlay - Promoting Ott combos and hybrid boxes heavily.
2. Airtel - Using and going to use dth business as just perk " loss leader model"
3. Sun direct - lower NCF...looking to gain subs with lower ARPU and stay in the business.
4.dish, d2h - they don't know what they are doing...so doing all things in the way they want..😅

All players are clear with their strategies..
Stake selling is nothing in this business..if TataPlay Succeed with their business model their share price will be next gold mine.

Bro, can u please provide actual source or data to prove that most new airtel digital tv subscribers r the ones who have opted for airtel black plan. Yes, for sure airtel would have got many new connections for its DTH business thru airtel black as it would have leveraged its vast presence in mobile and broadband segment and provided customers attractive offers to club all connections in one airtel black plan but i am certain still majority new customers would have come from standalone buying of DTH connections.

I have been using airtel digital tv for last 13 years and as years have progressed there services have become more better, be it customer care / product quality / app/ channel additions and all other things have greatly improved and i have not had any bad experience as far as service is concerned. There might b few cases where subscribers face issue but that is common in the best of companies. Also at many occasions customer is at fault but instead of co-operating with the company to resolve the issue they simply just criticise and disconnect the connection.

Coming to DTH companies facing losses bcoz of NTO regulations, that is so not true. Yes, as i have said that earlier business model where a particular DTH or Cable Operator might b entering long term deals with broadcasters at lower cost and selling the same channels to subscribers at a high profit margin while other operators getting same channels at higher cost thus generating low profit margin and all of them inflating a-la-carte channel rates so that customer does not opt for them may b thing of the past but now under new regulations there is fair level playing field as all r getting channels at same price.

Coming to revenue there r ample avenues for it be it NCF, 20% MRP share of channels /bouquet taken by customers, carriage fee channels, ads on EPG/home channels / boot screen and many more. There might b churn in niche segment to OTT and some regular middle / lower middle class customers are definitely shifting to DD Free Dish but still there is a very large population which stays with pay tv operators and opt for their SD/HD/Hybrid boxes. Airtel Digital TV has managed to tap in better across audience spectrum hence has emerged as the winner so they should be give full credit for that. There is nothing sort of "loss leader" strategy for airtel digital tv, they r financially doing well. They r tapping into both the niche as well as regular customers by providing custom made plans for them, so u have the free OTT services being provided with their mobile, broadband connections which an airtel digital tv user can avail on XStream even if they have not opted for airtel black plan while if one opts for airtel black then certain extra benefits r clubbed into it which is not a new thing as discounted combo offers have been there in market for various products since ages . For regular SD/HD box customers airtel digital tv has designed so many low NCF/discounted plans which r tailor made for different regions or set of subscribers so that has also delivered great success. Even all the huge network of retailers which have longstanding relationship with airtel bcoz of its mobile/broadband business, it has helped immensely in scaling up business of its DTH arm

By providing OTT services for free, airtel digital tv or any other operators are not at loss. Firstly many OTT platforms themselves tie up with various operators to expand their footprint, certain times these r promotional tie ups where no fee is charged by OTT platforms and subscription is provided by the concerned operators with their services/plans and at other times there r tie ups where operators get subscription at discounted rates and same is passed on free / alongwith various mobile / broadband plans to customers. There is enough room to absorb such cost, for example if i am paying Rs. 499 per month rental to airtel broadband and they r giving 1 year free XStream Premium Plan to me so each month i have to pay this rental to avail free subscription and in this rental and thru various other revenue models whatever money it costs for operators to get & provide these OTT services , all of it can easily b absorbed in this and still company can earn profit. There r many revenue streams which regular users might b unaware of . If u might have noticed that Netflix plans never come free with lower or mid level plans bcoz these cost more to operators and r clubbed with higher pricing plans to absorb the cost

Tata Play can easily sustain but as i have discussed numerous times that they need to change its strategy.... Add more home channels and air teleshopping ads, add more carriage fee channels , more ad on apps ,,home page of android box etc.

Overseas satellite tv or media landscape cannot b compared to India. All things r vastly different. TV and OTT both r here to stay and grow in India. Broadcasters and DTH/Cable operators need to correct their mistakes to stop/reduce their churn in subscriber base rather than blaming TRAI, DD Free Dish or OTT platforms for their downfall.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock