DDF Exclusive General Discussion, News, Updates And Comparison Of Various DTH Brands

• Thread starter Siva
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 508
  • Views: Views 60,932
On Tata Sky 4K box as per wikipedia...I don't have Tata Sky connection so can't confirm...Maybe these channels never existed or maybe were there temporarily...Not sure...

List of 4K channels in India - Wikipedia
Anyone can edit and put anything on Wikipedia. Just look at D2h Life 4k. It must be a channel exclusive to D2h.
India’s First 4K Ultra HD Channel | d2h DTH Service
Atleast D2h has an in house 4k channel. It would be nice if any user can confirm whether it's still running. It's ironic selling 4k connections without offering 4k content.

Anyone can edit and put anything on Wikipedia. Just look at D2h Life 4k. It must be a channel exclusive to D2h.
India’s First 4K Ultra HD Channel | d2h DTH Service
Atleast D2h has an in house 4k channel. It would be nice if any user can confirm whether it's still running. It's ironic selling 4k connections without offering 4k content.
Yes the upscaled contents will never going to look even 10-20% as good as an original 4K/HDR content...All these 4K STBs are coming out since long but there is not even a single 4K channel in India as of now... :cautious:

Last edited:
Yes the upscaled contents will never going to look even 20-30% as good as an original 4K/HDR content...All these 4K STBs are coming out since long but there is not even a single 4K channel in India as of now... :cautious:
Airtel is clever enough to bundle Android TV with its 4K box. Now the users won't be able to complain as they can watch Netflix and Prime in 4K.

Airtel is clever enough to bundle Android TV with its 4K box. Now the users won't be able to complain as they can watch Netflix and Prime in 4K.
I too will be buying because it's an hybrid box...I am using DishTv HD now & was planning to buy a Mi Box S to get android on my TV...But then I saw this Xstream box coming out with Android & I was badly in need of an upgrade from DishTV...I watched several unboxing & review videos of this box on YT & also read all the reviews posted here & found that, it will be a major upgrade over my DishTV TruHD connection as even the AirTel HD subscribers are finding the pic & audio quality better than their existing Airtel HD connections...

Plus I won't have to buy a separate Android box/stick for streaming & this box will handle both...

Currently I am waiting for the Flipkart Big Billion sale from 29th of this month & as soon as it starts, I will place the order... :)

I am using DishTV since 2012 & this is my last month with them... :p

Last edited:
I am not gonna post pictures of my locality. But I see lots of new Videocon and Dish TV dishes on rooftops nowadays. I think it's because they are offering first month for free. Instead of discounted price Airtel and Tata Sky needs to provide one month's subscription along with new connection. It's not cheap ₹1300 - ₹1400 connection that attracts non techy customers. It's the joy of getting one month for free attracting new users.

I am not gonna post pictures of my locality. But I see lots of new Videocon and Dish TV dishes on rooftops nowadays. I think it's because they are offering first month for free. Instead of discounted price Airtel and Tata Sky needs to provide one month's subscription along with new connection. It's not cheap ₹1300 - ₹1400 connection that attracts non techy customers. It's the joy of getting one month for free attracting new users.
Same in our locality too...Even on our apartment's rooftop, there are about 5-6 DishTV & Videocon dishes & only 1 Tata Sky dish...I am not seeing any AirTel dish on any building around me when I am taking a look from my rooftop...DishTV & Videocon dishes are almost on every rooftop but I rarely see Tata Sky & more rarely an AirTel dish...

Same in our locality too...Even on our apartment's rooftop, there are about 5-6 DishTV & Videocon dishes & only 1 Tata Sky dish...I am not seeing any AirTel dish on any building around me when I am taking a look from my rooftop...DishTV & Videocon dishes are almost on every rooftop but I rarely see Tata Sky & more rarely an AirTel dish...
No one cares or knows about lock in periods. They only know they have to pay once a month.

I'm frustrated in reporting that, downloaded 4k files don't work on this box properly...I played 8 downloaded 4k clips & only two of them played...The rest of files delivered only the audio but no video...Also the box doesn't support NTFS or exFAT file systems & FAT32 file system doesn't allow copying 4k movies on the external storage drive...Then what's the use of this box if it can't play 4k movies & we can't even copy them on pen drives/hard disks because of the file system ??

I guess, I should have waited before ordering this but I have no-where found anyone mentioned that 4k videos/movies can't play on the box...Now if they don't fix these problems by an OTA update, I am screwed because I wanted an android box with 4k capability...I paid 4120 for this box still it cant play 4k...

Last edited:
Can we watch DD Sports during India's cricket match froma DD Free Dish using Sun Direct? Also is it mandatory to recharge every month?

Brother, there r many factors which go in while consumers makes decision to buy DTH connection. Apart from regular stuff like channels available, cost, service, transmission quality etc.. There r added points like word of mouth, feasibility to install connection etc. which contribute in final call.

Both u and @DJ Roy bhai r from North East and Dish/d2h has always had strong presence there . Also just by seeing dishes one cannot assume if that brand is indeed being used, right now operators give subscribers option to chose new connection and use old dish/outdoor equipment hence old dishes remain in use. 2ndly some societies disallow certain brands bcoz there is tie up with competitors hence quite possible in ur locality dish/d2h has such a agreement in place

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock