Discussion General Discussion on Current and Upcoming Kannada Channels in Karnataka

• Thread starter Thread starter swaroopofc
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 5,121
  • Views Views: Views 956,221

cjiI6B3.png

Star Suvarna is the clear success on Youtube, but still it has the least subscriber count.
Facebook is led by Zee Kannada again..

YMhqQUe.png

Last edited:
I feels Colors Kannada did mistake by not bringing New serial at 9.30 and 10.00. This time BiggBoss was hit. They could have easily got Good ratings.
Shifting antarpata to 10.00 is not a good move because it have less urban viewers
If Colors want to maintain 1000+ AMA

Sri gowri Should get 8+ TVR.
Antarpata at 10 , should get atleast 3.5+ TVR
Shantam papam at 10.30 - 11.00 - 2 TVR
9.30 slot should get 5+ TVR
2 New reality Show should get 5+ TVR.

8 and 8.30 slots having good rural base.My inner feelings says that Sri gowri will definitely get 7+ TVR. But should wait and see.

I feels Colors Kannada did mistake by not bringing New serial at 9.30 and 10.00. This time BiggBoss was hit. They could have easily got Good ratings.
Shifting antarpata to 10.00 is not a good move because it have less urban viewers

8 and 8.30 slots having good rural base.My inner feelings says that Sri gowri will definitely get 7+ TVR. But should wait and see.
They should shift Ramachari to 9.30pm and bring Karimani to 9pm, if there is huge fall in ratings at 9pm compared to 8.30pm.

Zee is doing huge Promotion to 8pm and 8.30pm slot to survive from Colors strom

Last edited:

Exactly, they missed the opportunity to promote their new shows through Biggboss.
Hope they will promote today during BBK finale.
In my opinion, they should revamp 8pm slot also. Brindavana doesn't deserve 8pm slots, nothing interesting in it.

Exactly, they missed the opportunity to promote their new shows through Biggboss.
Hope they will promote today during BBK finale.
In my opinion, they should revamp 8pm slot also. Brindavana doesn't deserve 8pm slots, nothing interesting in it.
I feel that Antarapata timings should not have been changed. Instead Shri Gowri should have gone to 8 pm to tackle Lakshmi Nivasa since Sri Gowri has a good storyline. Brundavan should have shifted to 10 pm.

Aase Failure reasons:

1. Tough competition from PM & LB
2. Promotion was more of title song than story, as Neenade Naa got attention because of title track.
3. Less popular co- artists compared to legends like Mahalakshmi & Umashree Madam. Zee will have atleast 1 very popular artist in each show.
Paru: vinayaprasad
HK: amrutha+ 3 other old heroines
AD: chaya sing
PM: umashree
GM: Vedant top trp hero
SS: Sudharani
Satya: Film co-artists shrinivas moorty etc
SR: Popular leads
BBB: Old Popular Megha serial heroine
Similar pattern can be seen in NL, NN also

4. Leads don't have much followers or fan pages or trolls to reach more audience. Huge Promotion on Social Media for TARGET audience required than on news channels.

The only hope left now is merging NN and Aase..
Channel should swap Aase & Avanu Mathe Shravani and do Mahasangama of NN & Aase under same banner.

AVS deserves even more better TVR, heroine could have been still better.
About Aase, I just checked hotstar, marriage track got over only now it seems, after marriage , the pair track would be interesting and pair of Manoj character will be introduced and her track would be so interesting, let's wait and watch what happens, the original Tamil version, kick started with 3 tvr during launch, got around 4 to 5 tvr during marriage and now it's getting 8 to 9 tvr! Even the telugu version is now stable with 9tvr in UR, let's see what happens with the kannada version

I feel that Antarapata timings should not have been changed. Instead Shri Gowri should have gone to 8 pm to tackle Lakshmi Nivasa since Sri Gowri has a good storyline. Brundavan should have shifted to 10 pm.
Lakshmi nivasa is a new serial. It would be worst decision to put new serial against new serial

About Aase, I just checked hotstar, marriage track got over only now it seems, after marriage , the pair track would be interesting and pair of Manoj character will be introduced and her track would be so interesting, let's wait and watch what happens, the original Tamil version, kick started with 3 tvr during launch, got around 4 to 5 tvr during marriage and now it's getting 8 to 9 tvr! Even the telugu version is now stable with 9tvr in UR, let's see what happens with the kannada version
This week it will increase further..

Launch week 1.4TVR in Urban
Last week 2.1TVR in Urban
This week it will reach above 2.3TVR to 2.4TVR

Week 4 Data
(ZK, CK and UM lost heavily)
RANKCHANNELSWEEKLY AMA’000 {AVG.}
1Zee Kannada1232.21
2Colors Kannada1019.65
3Star Suvarna678.71
4Udaya TV515.6
5Udaya Movies298.17