Discussion General Discussion on Current and Upcoming Kannada Channels in Karnataka

• Thread starter Thread starter swaroopofc
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 5,156
  • Views Views: Views 961,784
Can DD Chandana come back with Big budget drama serials similar to main GEC with HD feed?
It's been decades, the channel is stuck with old generation entertainment like govt office.

I saw some other Tamil thread where DD podigai is far improved..
Then lanch DD Chandana kannada also HD channel

Can DD Chandana come back with Big budget drama serials similar to main GEC with HD feed?
It's been decades, the channel is stuck with old generation entertainment like govt office.

No improved.but it will improve from today.
DD Chandana has 1M+ Subscribers in YouTube.which is more than other regional channels other than Hindi. I am also expecting revamp.But there is no hope

No improved.but it will improve from today.
DD Chandana has 1M+ Subscribers in YouTube.which is more than other regional channels other than Hindi. I am also expecting revamp.But there is no hope
Revamping with new programs is fine. But they should never ever change the channel name DD Chandana, like they are doing with DD Podhigai

Revamping with new programs is fine. But they should never ever change the channel name DD Chandana, like they are doing with DD Podhigai
Chandana (sandalwood) is an emotion and has history, it should not change.

The logo, graphics, new programs, movies and presentation should change. All new TVs 📺 support millions of Colors, but still DD Chandana graphics is mainly of RGB minimal shades.

If HD channel gets starts, that too for free (i believe no license for DD to DTHs), it would gain more ads revenue and profit with daily soups.

Last edited:
To counter Star Suvarna Plus's repeat telecast of Radha Krishna and Seetheya Rama, Zee picchar is planning for repeat telecast of Raghavendra Hunsur Era serials.

Last time when Suvarna Plus was in bad condition, repeat telecast of serials helped to get some strong viewership growth.

Suvarna should dub popular Hindi Movies too instead of just South Indian Blockbusters movies. Very few movies like Bramhastra, Adhipurush movies which were released pan India.

Last edited:
To counter Star Suvarna Plus's repeat telecast of Radha Krishna and Seetheya Rama, Zee picchar is planning for repeat telecast of Raghavendra Hunsur Era serials.

Last time when Suvarna Plus was in bad condition, repeat telecast of serials helped to get some strong viewership growth.

Suvarna should dub popular Hindi Movies too instead of just South Indian Blockbusters movies.
Both channels are unfit to be movie channels

Both channels are unfit to be movie channels
Star Suvarna Plus never officially announced as Movie channel only. It was launched as a 2nd GEC like Colors Super.

Whereas Zee Picchar launched as Movie channel

If DD Chandana revamps like DD Tamil, then the channel deserves starting LCN numbers in all the DTH and Cable networks. Currently it's kept at the end of Kannada genre by many operators, even though it is a GEC.
Trai should mandate to keep all the DD LCNs according to the genre they belong and not at the end.

Back
Top Bottom