General Discussion & Updates about d2h

Thanks for reply
So if I understand correctly the North channels will be removed frm st2 and only South channels will remain in coming future and there will be no North channels addition in ST2 satellite
Regards

Ramani
Hope this will not happen, if north channels removed from D2h then I will move to other DTH, want Hindi+Telugu both segment.

• Box Service Plan
• Pay Later
• WhatsApp Consent
• Connection Active/Deactive status now available on..

IMG-20220406-120127.jpg

Last edited:
Suddenly box cinema not working on my d2h it's totally free why,right now i activate via whatsapp but channel not run

Never, last time such Rio was signed was prior 2017..

But still incase you want to receive north channels which are available SES8 then,

• Get yourself a new connection, you will receive new STB manufactured under Dish infra services & your connection will be aligned to SES8..
OR
• wait for migration process which is underway..
OR,
• wait for broadcaster to sign modified RIO to provide it's specific channels PAN India on DishTV india distribution platform (Company) instead of channel's region based Target market which depends on broadcaster..

Because from 2018 New/modified Rio gets signed between DishTV ( For Dish,D2h & Zing collectively) and Broadcasters..
On offers & marketin front it's Dish , D2h & Zing while on backend operations it's a single distribution platform and RIo gets signed between Distribution platform (DishTV) & broadcaster ..

Well buddy, you r incorrect when saying that last RIO agreement happened with broadcasters and dish tv back in 2017. Infact all operators have implemented latest NTO 1.0 RIO back in 2020/21 after signing agreement with all broadcasters.

Also there is no region specific RIO signed with any operator. All the RIO Agreements include channels and bouquet which cater to all parts of India. For example if an operator has signed RIO agreement with broadcaster and it includes a bouquet which has north chs but still same can b opted by south indian subscribers too

Zing is basically a sub brand of Dish TV created to cater to FTA subscriber base of customers who have less money to spend on TV subscription. Dish TV has itself created DPO bouquet to provide it to subscribers. These offers, bouquet r region restricted bcoz dish tv has taken that decision, broadcasters have nothing to do with this.

As per my understanding D2H and Dish TV RIO agreement r handed separately though Dish TV had earlier tried to sign combo agreement but now both r catering to different regions of the country hence same not required.

Last edited:
The transponders which brings channels & services to your home are on lease agreement in crores so those transponders needs to generate constant revenue through subscription..
Currently, new d2h north connections are by default installed on SES8 Satellite and migration process which is still underway will filter out north channels subscribers from ST2 to SES8 which will further reduce in generatin north channels subscription revenue from those ST2 transponder carryin them as that north channels subscription revenue generatin stream will shift from ST2 to SES8 with migration.. So as long as DishTV India ( Company) gettin sufficient amount of revenue from north channels subscribers on ST2, company will continue and will take any further cost savin decision if needed which is part of future decisions.. currently, SES8 is a default destination for North channels..

Well the decision was taken to make dish tv a destination for north, west, east subscribers while d2h be the operator focused south india and east india region bcoz in my opinion earlier strategy of making all channels available across these 2 platforms did not yield much success. I believe certain broadcasters were not interested to sign combo agreement for both dish tv and d2h and this lead to issue

This may b the reason why they adopted current strategy as d2h has strong foothold in south india while dish tv is strong in rest of India. With this even it is easier for broadcasters to hop on the platform of their choice and cater to the desired audience.

So getting subscription revenue from north subscribers on d2h ST2 was not the reason for making this change as be it SES 8 or ST2, north/west/east/south subscribers would have continued subscribing to chs. Real reason was to position both d2h and dish tv as having clear differentiation and avoiding repetition of chs on both platforms which is not cost effective or friendly policy for broadcasters while they sign RIO.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock