General Discussion & Updates about d2h

This is to inform you that after amalgamation of d2h in to DishTV India Ltd, declaration was already made from DishTV India Ltd that DishTV will operate both the brands in respective bandwidth capacity for couple of years independently and durin this time both brand's operations were merged formin a single distribution platform.. Previous operator Videocon was havin different technologies and ecosystem so for that DishTV needed time for d2h to settle into DishTV ecosystem & technology without disturbin ongoin Operations & business
and that was the reason you saw both headends SES8 & ST2 carryin channels both regions .. once common operatin platform was created DishTV India started migration of Dish south subscribers base on SES8 to ST2 through initiatin Software Updates phase wise..
SES8 for North channels was always a part of process of creatin single distribution platform for both brands.. broadcasters forms agreements with DishTV India ( Company/Operator/Distributor) to distribute their channels through Dish,D2h & Zing individual brands..

1649486896203.jpg

Buddy, my point was that initially as per what i heard/understanding that Dish TV wanted to sign combo agreements for both dish tv / d2h with various broadcasters and many broadcasters did not want this. What i wanted to state was that there was no need to do so rather than just like before separate agreement should have been continued. I remember this lead to many chs getting dropped from their platforms. This could have easily been avoided.

Now too apart from unified backend operations or hardware manufacturing, still both dish tv and d2h r operating separately on marketing or offers front. I still feel i would b best to have single or co located satellites and transmit all chs on them rather than having south and north strategy. If the issue is that ST2 agreement period is still pending then mono block lnb can resolve the issue to let d2h subscribers receive signals from both SES 8 and ST2. Also it will b beneficial for broadcasters as they will get to serve vast audience base in respective target regions, they can give broadcasters option whether to b available on 1 or both platforms... Also south subscribers will b able to get access to north chs and vice versa which is not possible right now

Now too apart from unified backend operations or hardware manufacturing, still both dish tv and d2h r operating separately on marketing or offers front. I still feel i would b best to have single or co located satellites and transmit all chs
• DishTV India (Company) is operatin a DTH services through multiple brands so it's obvious thing that there will be dedicated marketin team for each brand to push it in Market..

• DishTV India as a company has it's plan to get company debt free in next several quarters and for that is exclusively dependent on internal funds which itself has restricted business ability to go all out and is takin cost savin measurements to reduce it's effect on existin operations without addin more stress..

• One Satellite is not DishTV strategy because of nature of business and risk that it involves..

• on additional, if DishTV had not re evaluated entire process and hadn't got d2h brand under DishTV India LTD from previous Operator Videocon then d2h user could have been under different situation from 2018..

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock