Discussion General Discussions, News & Updates On Indian TV Channels

Can somebody explain briefly why DSport HD and Nat Geo People/Music SD are shutting down? :huh: And what is the confusion regarding Jaya TV SD and HD?
Discovery has replaced the HD feed of D Sport with SD feed. There's no clarification why but people says due to low demand.

NG people, NG music, Baby tv, their separate SD version was never available. Only HD feed was available from broadcaster end & DPOs were downscaling it. Now, as these channels are not available in any bouquet so DPOs have removed them.

Jaya Tv is also available only in HD. DTHs are providing it's downscaled SD feed. Since, SD feed is not available from broadcaster, there's no option to subscribe it on some DTHs. So, broadcaster has applied for it's separate SD license.

Last edited:
Telling Numbers: News just 7% of TV viewership, airs more ads than film channels

News accounts for only 7% of total TV viewership in India, according to the 2018 Yearbook of the Broadcast Audience Research Council (BARC India), a joint industry company of broadcasters, advertisers, and advertising and media agencies. Yet the news genre clocked more advertisement (by duration) than general entertainment channels and movies.

Telling Numbers: News just 7% of TV viewership, airs more ads than film channels

Low viewership n not distributed to all operators Channel already got rebranded 3 times in last 6-8 months :ok2:

Hopes, it will not going to shutdown and rebranding many years like happens right now.

Low viewership n not distributed to all operators Channel already got rebranded 3 times in last 6-8 months :ok2:
When?
As far as I know it was never rebranded. Few months back Wow music shutdowned & replaced by I Love.

Guys, please link me to that South Indian song Sony is using for thier sports promotional video.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock