Discussion General Discussions, News & Updates On Indian TV Channels

Heard that Fyi TV18 Will shutdown w.e.f. 30th June 2020. Is it true?? @Akash Solanki Bro any news about it??

Well sooner or later these chs will go to Disney/Star bandwagon, it remains to be seen whether these r continued later or dropped by them. After old agreement with viacom18 ends, a no competition clause will come into effect thus debaring relaunch for stipulated period

FYI already shut down in most international markets... Also expecting Discovery Kids, ID HD to b discontinued or rebrand soon.

Most worried about Sony BBC Earth , if they decide to exit i will b extremely sad
Have noticed Star slowly revive SWP HD. I hate their stratedgy. SWP HD should be flagship with HBO, CBS shows but they treat it with random mixed bag shows.

Have noticed Star slowly revive SWP HD. I hate their stratedgy. SWP HD should be flagship with HBO, CBS shows but they treat it with random mixed bag shows.

If not for the delay of NTO 2.0, it should have been shut down in March only rite? Good at least SWP is showing the shows like the passage and the bridge which are not available on Hotstar or any other OTT platforms unlike Star World, stupidly telecasting Koffee with Karan, Modern Family and HIMYM all day long. They have a wonderful library, i don't understand why they are not utilizing them. FX, HBO, Showtime shows like AHS, Deadwood, Billions, Veep, Ballers which are never properly there on Indian TV should have been getting priority over Koffee With Karan or overly used HIMYM, Modern Family etc.

If not for the delay of NTO 2.0, it should have been shut down in March only rite? Good at least SWP is showing the shows like the passage and the bridge which are not available on Hotstar or any other OTT platforms unlike Star World, stupidly telecasting Koffee with Karan, Modern Family and HIMYM all day long. They have a wonderful library, i don't understand why they are not utilizing them. FX, HBO, Showtime shows like AHS, Deadwood, Billions, Veep, Ballers which are never properly there on Indian TV should have been getting priority over Koffee With Karan or overly used HIMYM, Modern Family etc.
When it launched it had amazing shows. Every shows were along with US with no ads. I couldn't watch the shows as I didn't had HD connection which was very expensive back then. But Star World and Zee Cafe served their purpose.

Nowadays Zee Cafe sucks as well. I want to watch shows like Grey's Anatomy. All they air nowadays are reruns or movies. Shows like Nancy Drew are not popular or appealing.

Last edited:
When it launched it had amazing shows. Every shows were along with US with no ads. I couldn't watch the shows as I didn't had HD connection which was very expensive back then. But Star World and Zee Cafe served their purpose.
I think its because of the Viewing Habits of the consumers. Both Hotstar Premium and SWP Launched at the same time as far as I remember, which were primarily fueled with HBO content as FX was active at that time. Gradually the quality of SWP degraded imo as Star giving the preference to Hotstar. Even GOT was delayed by 3 days i guess for the last two seasons and now no new HBO/Fx Shows are on air eventhough Multiple shows are releasing on Hotstar from HBO, FX, Showtime and 20CF TV Studios.

I think its because of the Viewing Habits of the consumers. Both Hotstar Premium and SWP Launched at the same time as far as I remember, which were primarily fueled with HBO content as FX was active at that time. Gradually the quality of SWP degraded imo as Star giving the preference to Hotstar. Even GOT was delayed by 3 days i guess for the last two seasons and now no new HBO/Fx Shows are on air eventhough Multiple shows are releasing on Hotstar from HBO, FX, Showtime and 20CF TV Studios.
SWP HD launched September 2013 and Hotstar launched around 2015 ICC World Cup.

SWP HD was still an actual thing even with Hotstar on which everything was free. Problem was launch of Colors Infinity. It brought latest shows from US on India at large scale. on non premium channel SWP HD costed ₹75 pm. Mind you Zee and AXN also aired some shows along with US on weekends. By Fall of 2017 Star started bringing shows from SWP HD to Star World and slowly destroying the channels with re-runs.

What is the proper abbreviation of Sony Pictures Networks India? Most people seem to say SPN but DDF News says SPNI. I am confused. Are both acceptable? :huh:

What is the proper abbreviation of Sony Pictures Networks India? Most people seem to say SPN but DDF News says SPNI. I am confused. Are both acceptable? :huh:
Yes, both are acceptable. Sony itself sometimes uses SPN and sometimes SPNI in their media releases and press statements.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock