• Replies Replies: Replies 8,380
  • Views Views: Views 1,050,515
RE: General discussions on TV channels news

munish1991 said:
Jaya hd when will launch officially

Already launched officially bro :k

Hector Kenneth Kumar joins Times Now as managing editor

In changing dynamics at Times Now, there has been a re-framing of sorts. After the much-talked departure of primetime host and editor-in-chief Arnab Goswami, the channel lapped onto their former senior editor Rahul Shivshankar as the chief editor.
In a recent development, NewsX managing editor Hector Kenneth Kumar has joined Times Now as the managing editor. Kumar is an engineering graduate from MIT Manipal University, who worked briefly as an engineer before venturing into the mainstream media. He was a member of the core team of Times Now's launch. His contributions took the editorial function of the channel to new heights as he is skilled in aligning business goals with the news strategy of the organisation.

“It has been a homecoming of sorts,” said Kumar, while talking to indiantelevision.com.
Kumar had joined NewsX in September 2016, and, in mid-December, joined the Mumbai-based channel. Kumar added, “I’m feeling good. I’m looking forward to work with Rahul to take Times Now ahead.”

This would be Shivshankar’s and Kumar’s second stints with the network after six years and three months, respectively.

Rahul has earlier worked as the senior editor of Times Now and the executive editor of Headlines Today (TV Today Network). On the other front, Arnab has made the much-awaited announcement of his next venture, named ‘Republic’.
According to people familiar with parleys leading up to his resignation, Arnab left Times Now following differences with its owners, the Jains – Sameer, Vineet and Raj – of Bennett Coleman & Co Ltd. On his plans, Arnab had said, “Independent media is going to thrive, the game has just begun."

Goswami’s prime-time show, ‘The Newshour’ was primarily responsible for Times Now’s consistent high ratings. In this highly competitive market, other English news channels such as CNN News18 and India Today television would like to have a share of the ratings.

With wholesome changes in the dynamics, it would be interesting to see how News X and Times Now go through this mini-revival of sorts and how they fare in the industry. Times Now, particularly, has been slightly ahead of competition in the recent past and it all began with Arnab leading the charge with his firebrand version of heated TV debates.

. Hector Kenneth Kumar joins Times Now as managing editor | Indian Television Dot Com

1z2zv6e.jpg

Zee yuva completes 200000 fb likes :ohya :tup

Times Television CEO MK Anand speaks out on l'affaire Arnab

Times Television Network CEO MK Anand is known to be a rather reticent kind of executive. He would rather keep a low profile and speak only when he is approached. So, when he decides to open up to the media, there’s obviously something he wants to set right.
Says he: “Ever since Arnab’s departure, the rumour mills have been running amok and a lot of canards have been let loose. I would like to set them right.”

According to Anand, first is the buzz that Arnab left because he was being sidelined, and that he did not have much editorial independence. “The fact is that there was zero pressure on him,” he says. “We don’t meddle with the editorial policy. I have spoken to him on content matters only twice since I have been here. And, the shareholders do not really get in to day-to-day operations at all.”
Anand shares that it was Arnab who announced his departure to his team before putting out his resignation to him, and let it to go viral on social media.

“We share a good relationship. We continued carrying his picture and name on the shows he used to host for a long time even after he announced his departure. Even on the last day, I had lunch with him and there was no negativity. I would have loved to retain him. I was saddened to see him go and, of course, I miss him," he acknowledges.

Anand berates the fact that there seems to be a campaign to malign Times Now. “People were saying that Times Now and Arnab are synonymous. That Times Now has sunk after Arnab. BARC data shows otherwise. Week 1-45 of this year, Times Now had an audience share of 41 per cent; week 46-50 it has the same 41 per cent,” he says.

Then, there is the rumour that the news channel lost Rs 100 crore in revenue post-Arnab. “Untrue again. While I believe it's worth that much, I wish we made so much money on NewsHour that he used to anchor,” he expresses.
Market estimates are that Arnab’s prime time shows contributed around Rs 50-60 crore to the channel’s top line, figures which Anand is unwilling to confirm.

“The advertisers who were there when Arnab was anchoring are there even when he is not,” says he. “Just take a look at the Adex data for October and November.”

What Anand wants to finally rectify is the perception that hordes of journalists have followed in the wake of Arnab. “Times Now has 320 employees,” he says. “Nine have left. We have a normal attrition rate of 25 per cent which is about 80 people leaving each year or around six to seven staffers each month. If we lose nine people, it does not mean there has been an exodus. 311 staffers have chosen to stay on.”

Times Television CEO MK Anand speaks out on l'affaire Arnab | Indian Television Dot Com

General discussions on TV channels news

I found asianet news telugu website is this avalible before:huh

http://telugu.asianetnews.tv/

Surya TV strengthens its weekend prime times with Deal or No Deal season 2

Malayalam Entertainment channel Surya TV is set to bolster its week end prime time by launching the second season of international game show format Deal or No Deal.

The Channel brings back the first ever international format launched in Kerala market after a gap of five years. The inaugural episode of Deal or No Deal season 2 starts on Christmas day (25 Dec) with celebrity episode that will see actress Meera Jasmine participating on a TV Game Show for the first time.

While the launch episode will be aired on 25 December, the regular episode of Deal or No Deal 2 will be aired on every Saturday and Sunday at 9:00PM. The new season of the international game show format owned and produced by Endemol Shine India will also be having a new host Suraj Venjaramoodu, the popular new age comedian who also hosted couple of hit shows in Malayalam Channels replaces actor Mukesh, who successfully hosted the 1 season of the show and went on to become a seasoned celebrity host in Kerala Market.

The 1 season of Deal or No Deal was aired simultaneously in four language GECs of Sun TV Network and Surya TV witnessed the highest level of success among them and went on air for a longer period.

Speaking to tvnews4u, Saju David.P – Vice President – Programming for Surya TV said, “Deal or No Deal is very popular format in Kerala market and people related it as a property of Surya TV due to the grand success in first season. The show is capable of changing the life of many people. Unlike other reality or Non-fiction formats, this show doesn’t need the participant to be extraordinary intellectual. Anybody can bet and try his luck and surely walk away with something”.

While talking about the response Saju said “We were overwhelmed with the response during the audition level as we could see huge gathering, as the game show is being brought back after five years. Due to the attractive and simple format, the show is having good reach among both rural and urban audience”

Surya TV has fulfilled the wish of Soumya (Kerala’s Nirbhaya – missed the chance to participate in 1 season), who lost her life while jumping out of the train to escape a rape, by making her mother to participate in this season.

Deal or No Deal 2 on Surya TV has maximum cash prize of Rs 50 Lakhs and the contestants need to choose their lucky boxes and negotiate with bankers based on the left over fortune money at the end of each levels.

The channel hopes to bolster its week-end time band by adding the new game show along with the existing show “Laughing villa” that is running successfully for the past 6 months.

Surya TV strengthens its weekend prime times with Deal or No Deal

I Hope With The Re Launch Of Deal Or No Deal,Surya Tv Will Gain Sufficient TRP's To Win Asianet

And Also It Looks Like More Revamp Is On The Pipeline:ohya

Ya
Let's see if they become no.1 :sp

Back
Top Bottom