Discussion General News & Updates About Tata Play

• Thread starter dinesh19
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 19,541
  • Views: Views 2,625,068
I hate Tata Sky's remote. It's so confusing. Why don't they utilise the round portion properly like other brands do?

How to add channels to favourite?
Settings > User Settings > Set Favourites. Select all the channels you want and press blue button to save it.

Those Channels will get Channel number from 900+. Channel number will be based on order in which you selected the Channels. Favourite button is also there on Remote to quickly jump to favorite Channels.

You know by the time I end up navigating anything. Show is over.
For navigation use Guide by selecting Genre of that channel. On EPG you can use Green button for filtering channels of any selected genre and language.

Looks like a classic case of pricing issues and not coming to same page. After TRAI rules Tata Sky had stopped adding new channels and was the only one to add channels on launch. Whats the use of launch of new channels by broadcasters when they are not on Dth or various platforms. Broadcasters and operators both are to blame be it ETV HD channels ,Color Bangla cinema, & explor HD etc who cannot come to negotiations.Other DTH like Dishtv,D2h have not added previously launched channels and are maintaining the status quo. Sun Direct is only catching up by adding previously launched old channels while Airtel only adds the channel which they want to add.

Tata Sky used to maintain massive profit margins by getting fixed deals with broadcasters at lower cost and give channels to us at higher price. New Tariff Order has stopped this, now all operators getting channels at same price.

This is why Tata Sky is not adding certain channels as they want carriage fee to be paid but broadcasters like Zee won't do that knowing fully well building demand and waiting for agreement renewal is correct way forward in new regime. Broadcasters won't pump in unnecessary carriage fee and risk return to investment.

Hope that 15% discount cap on bouquet rule is brought into effect soon so that standalone rates r put on right track.

Dish d2h will add channels once merger is completed. Also airtel will add pending HD channels near about that time itself. Airtel already has most of the channels so i did not understand the context of ur last line.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock