Discussion General News & Updates About Tata Play

• Thread starter Thread starter dinesh19
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 19,750
  • Views Views: Views 2,699,219
2 "Sports18" Channels Coming soon on Tata Play . Showcase n some more Service channels are going to be removed temporarily to accommodate these channels .
Sports18 HD is one , what is the 2nd Channel ? :skd: @Vadirocks bro please get some info from your source of Viacom18 are they launching 1 more sports channel :huh: Because Sports18 Khel is an FTA channel exclusive for DD FD only or Viacom18 is making it Pay channel for other DTH Operators ?
Bro any idea when tata will add sports hd version. And what is the 2nd hd version.

As Tata Play is facing bandwidth shortage hence it should remove service channels like Bollywood Premiere HD , Hits HD, Theatre HD to accomodate And Xplor HD, Sports18 HD, Investigation Discovery HD and other important channels

As Tata Play is facing bandwidth shortage hence it should remove service channels like Bollywood Premiere HD , Hits HD, Theatre HD to accomodate And Xplor HD, Sports18 HD, Investigation Discovery HD and other important channels
Bollywood Premiere HD has latest premiere. Hits HD has exclusive old English shows. Theatre HD is one of a kind channel that gives theatre experience from India and around the world. Wastage of bandwidth is channels like Star Plus HD 1+, Zee TV HD 1+, Colors HD 1+ etc. We can catch up shows on respective app or even Tata Play app for free.

Bollywood Premiere HD has latest premiere. Hits HD has exclusive old English shows. Theatre HD is one of a kind channel that gives theatre experience from India and around the world. Wastage of bandwidth is channels like Star Plus HD 1+, Zee TV HD 1+, Colors HD 1+ etc. We can catch up shows on respective app or even Tata Play app for free.
Yes right

Bollywood Premiere HD mostly airs less popular new/ old bollywood or dubbed movies.... Popular new movies r aired very close to TV premiere and older ones anyways we can watch regularly on sony / zee hindi movie channels so need to pay Rs. 75 for this channel. SD feed serves the purpose well as one can watch the content in wide screen aspect ratio on it.

Airtel Hits HD and Theatre HD does offer differentiated and good content but again watching it in 16:9 aspect ratio is also offers good viewing experience . HD feed is not much needed .

When there is bandwidth shortage faced, An operator can remove certain less popular HD channels or ones where SD feed can fill in the gap properly . Ofcourse +1 HD channels should be definitely dropped on permanent basis as these r not of much use in an age where one can record or watch content thru catch up tv or OTT platforms. All content even gets repeated often thru the day thus further reducing need for timeshift channels

Bollywood Premiere HD mostly airs less popular new/ old bollywood or dubbed movies.... Popular new movies r aired very close to TV premiere and older ones anyways we can watch regularly on sony / zee hindi movie channels so need to pay Rs. 75 for this channel. SD feed serves the purpose well as one can watch the content in wide screen aspect ratio on it.
It airs movies sometimes which airs on TV after months. Also movies leaves TV after it's broadcast premiere. We can catchup here. I paid ₹1 to watch Gangubai Kathiawadi on TV which would cost me ₹450 on Netflix.
Airtel Hits HD and Theatre HD does offer differentiated and good content but again watching it in 16:9 aspect ratio is also offers good viewing experience . HD feed is not much needed.
If they have to shutdown. They needs to shutdown SD channels. I didn't pay for HD box to watch SD channels. This is a backward thread. In other countries DTH downlscales HD channels for SD users. We are backward.
When there is bandwidth shortage faced, An operator can remove certain less popular HD channels or ones where SD feed can fill in the gap properly . Ofcourse +1 HD channels should be definitely dropped on permanent basis as these r not of much use in an age where one can record or watch content thru catch up tv or OTT platforms. All content even gets repeated often thru the day thus further reducing need for timeshift channels
I hope they take your feedback about service channels and drops unpopular channels like Star Plus HD, Zee TV HD etc. as these channels simulcast anyway. So viewers can watch content on Star Plus instead of Star Plus HD. It airs nonsense daily soap content anyway with no good cinematography or VFX. Who cares whether it's on 540i or 4K?

It airs movies sometimes which airs on TV after months. Also movies leaves TV after it's broadcast premiere. We can catchup here. I paid ₹1 to watch Gangubai Kathiawadi on TV which would cost me ₹450 on Netflix.

If they have to shutdown. They needs to shutdown SD channels. I didn't pay for HD box to watch SD channels. This is a backward thread. In other countries DTH downlscales HD channels for SD users. We are backward.

I hope they take your feedback about service channels and drops unpopular channels like Star Plus HD, Zee TV HD etc. as these channels simulcast anyway. So viewers can watch content on Star Plus instead of Star Plus HD. It airs nonsense daily soap content anyway with no good cinematography or VFX. Who cares whether it's on 540i or 4K?

SD feed of service channels can reach to all the subscribers, having just the HD feed won't b able to do. If it was a channel having niche content then i would have agreed with you.

Also operators cannot transmit a channel just in HD format on their satellite and provide same to SD subscribers..... It is technically impossible as SD boxes do not have hardware support for HD content. Already operators r downscaling many channels and providing it to viewers but for the downscaled feed needs to be added on the operator satellite

SD feed of service channels can reach to all the subscribers, having just the HD feed won't b able to do. If it was a channel having niche content then i would have agreed with you.
Why would anyone pay for expensive service channels in SD when they can watch same over the Internet for much cheaper price? This is why Le Plex was in HD. Disney International HD is on HD only format.
Also operators cannot transmit a channel just in HD format on their satellite and provide same to SD subscribers..... It is technically impossible as SD boxes do not have hardware support for HD content. Already operators r downscaling many channels and providing it to viewers but for the downscaled feed needs to be added on the operator satellite
Can't they downscale like they do in US.

Why would anyone pay for expensive service channels in SD when they can watch same over the Internet for much cheaper price? This is why Le Plex was in HD. Disney International HD is on HD only format.

Can't they downscale like they do in US.
that's the main problem here. they waste double spece on satellite for same channel. one SD and one HD. instead they can do like US broadcast where only one uplink to satellite. later operator decide which decoder to use. either HD or SD.
we are crying over satellite space insufficient but this small idea we can't use to solve this old problem.

Back
Top Bottom