Got Retention offer from TATA SKY

Interconnection is an agreement In that, the parties have option of ticking channels and packs. If a cable or DTH operator wants, it can refuse to carry any package, and sign interconnection only for channels. If DTH player doesn't get money, it will boycott packs, and customers will get screwed. Now you see why I said bakra?
May be that's why Airtel is not carrying few bouquets like Sony Happy India Sports + English HD!

You can't blame TRAI. What TRAI said was 'yearly plans are not banned. If the DTH guy wants, he can continue'. The problem is with the pricing announced by broadcasters. Just doesn't make that much sense. You have to bring down prices by around 30% (for packs) and then you can offer these LDPs at 500 rupees (and still give all channels). At current pack + NCF, you have to charge around Rs 600-650 for the same thing (including HD channels)

@aneesh120 should go to consumer forum, take a piece of paper, write his situation on it, and give the screenshot of the customer care chat with it. He will definitely win at least Rs 25,000 for mental harassment, cheating etc.

You don't need a lawyer, and it's more or less free. You just need to give a fully documented case. This is an easy case to win. Once you file it, post it on social media, email it to a couple of news websites, and that'll be splendid.

Last edited:
I had a chat with customer care right now they are still saying you can continue annual pack..

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock