Got Retention offer from TATA SKY

Not true.
DTH players are not obliged to carry packs. Only channels. They can charge broadcasters for carrying packs. And they do.

There is no scope for negotiations now onwards, those r things of the past. All operators will get channels at same rates, only incentive all of them r eligible for are LCN placement, Reach of channel, etc.

Your source for saying this?
Tariff Order, Page 9, Point 3

(3) Every distributor of television channels shall offer to all subscribers each bouquet of pay
channels offered by a broadcaster, and for which interconnection agreement has been signed
with that broadcaster, without any alteration in its composition and declare the distributor retail
price, per month, for such bouquet payable by a subscriber:

Read it again -- says packs for which interconnection has been signed.

Tariff Order, Page 9, Point 3

(3) Every distributor of television channels shall offer to all subscribers each bouquet of pay
channels offered by a broadcaster, and for which interconnection agreement has been signed
with that broadcaster, without any alteration in its composition and declare the distributor retail
price, per month, for such bouquet payable by a subscriber:

This is what tata sky cc says:

8xKXR7q.png

Read it again -- says packs for which interconnection has been signed.
Is the Interconnection signed at bouquet level? If yes, then it's a huge point of bargain for DPOs against Broadcasters!

Yes, but ADTV is violating the law by offering the bouquets with missing channels! They must remove those bouquets from their platform.
Yes, I have observed that. Wonder what is going on!

Interconnection is an agreement In that, the parties have option of ticking channels and packs. If a cable or DTH operator wants, it can refuse to carry any package, and sign interconnection only for channels. If DTH player doesn't get money, it will boycott packs, and customers will get screwed. Now you see why I said bakra?

Is the Interconnection signed at bouquet level? If yes, then it's a huge point of bargain for DPOs against Broadcasters!

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock